Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow forum members, Shadow Shack here from the year round riding area of Lost Wages Nevada, where it pretty much always shines and rarely rains.

I found this board while googling info for another board and liked what I saw so I came back and registered. I currently have four Shadows and three Rebels in the garage. Some stock, some chopped, some bobbed --- well scratch the bobbed part, I departed with that one recently...but the point is I'm into modifying them. And by modifying I mean far more than the modern CraigsList/Facebook practice of using a sawzall & basic dismantling skills of using a wrench to loosen fasteners and calling the result "custom".

Hoping to have a good time yucking it up here.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Must be nice to have $$$$

Welcome from the snowy Northeast!

-Soupy

·
American Legion Rider
21,756 Posts
Welcome to the funny farm(at times) from Texas.
found site and liked
Must mean something about you. Do we need to hang on? :D

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Welcome from Daytona Beach.

He never said he has coins, Soupy. You only need to be rich if you're paying someone ELSE to customize your bike.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,127 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome all.

He never said he has coins, Soupy. You only need to be rich if you're paying someone ELSE to customize your bike.
Yep, I've graduated up to making half of what I used to in this new and improved economy.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Glad to hear someone likes us. ;) When you get enough posts consider posting a few pics of your bikes for us.

·
Driftless Rider
1,485 Posts
Welcome Shack.
Were you a member of the old RoadBike forum years ago?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
When you get enough posts consider posting a few pics of your bikes for us.
Yeah I already got hit by the no-link until X posts message but pics will come when I can. And I completely understand the reason for it...mods and administrators, do yourselves a favor: no matter how much people gripe about it, never change over to CAPTCHA. You will live to regret it if you do. ;)

·
Driftless Rider
1,485 Posts
Membership started to fall off a bit after they dropped the "Ride Metric" focus. Then they seemed to have a lot of server issues which turned more people away. It just slowly died after that, and I think now its more like a blog for the magazine.

I just joined this site a little while ago. Nice to find a broad MC forum that isn't brand/model specific or focused on only one style of riding.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When you get enough posts consider posting a few pics of your bikes for us.
Fire in the hole.

My primary ride:

My first custom project, still got it:

Second custom project, still own it:

Current project:

Other current project:

Wife's bike:

Wife's other bike:

former project/sold to a friend:

another former project/donated to a friend:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts