Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmmmmm........let's see......

Tire air pressure and tread wear. Any dry rot?
Lights (all)
Horn
Oil change (plus filter)
Air filter
Chain/Belt tension & condition
Riding gear integrity
License, Registration & Insurance card in wallet
Gas and oil filters clean
Fork oil
Coolant (if applicable) level and condition

Anything I forgot?

-soupy

·
8,621 Posts
Pirate ID card, scowl and a Bandana :p

It is a good idea to check every nut and bolt on the bike once in a while. Also look for cracked mounting brackets. I lost a horn off of my Electra Glide once as I was going down the Interstate! I circled around, stopped and found it. I bought the antique/ vintage horn to replace it.

********* I almost forgot: HD speedometer cables tend to go bad and break and mine did at about 40,000 miles and my service dept Bud told me that if I'd taken the cable off of the speedometer housing and dry lubed/ graphite/ oil combination, it would have never failed.

Seafoam, Lucas or any other Carb/ injection cleaner would just love to 'swish' around in your tank and clean things.

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Hmmmmmm........let's see......

Tire air pressure and tread wear. Any dry rot?
Lights (all)
Horn
Oil change (plus filter)
Air filter
Chain/Belt tension & condition
Riding gear integrity
License, Registration & Insurance card in wallet
Gas and oil filters clean
Fork oil
Coolant (if applicable) level and condition

Anything I forgot?

-soupy
Chopsticks????:biggrin:

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
Right frame of mind. Get your defense frame of mind in high gear. They will kill you if you let them.:thumbsup:

·
8,621 Posts
Believe it or not Asians CAN eat soup with chop sticks: Tilt soup bowl, extend lips to bowl and use sticks to direct liquid and noodles, shrimp, mushrooms, etc. I've seen it many times.

Man I'm hungry! In Los Angeles, lots of the good and family owned (Authentic) Asian food places served a soup called: Three sea Chow-ma-mien, probably spelled incorrectly but it had fresh noodles, shrimp, sea cucumber, clams, carrots, onions and a very big dose of Cayenne pepper to make it initially very hot!!!!! It would bring a smile to your face and sweat to your brow;)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...5yaeSkyDLtYuGo3Uw&sig2=3wetuzkn7-AR5WeJ8szzZw

Sam:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Believe it or not Asians CAN eat soup with chop sticks: Tilt soup bowl, extend lips to bowl and use sticks to direct liquid and noodles, shrimp, mushrooms, etc. I've seen it many times.

Man I'm hungry! In Los Angeles, lots of the good and family owned (Authentic) Asian food places served a soup called: Three sea Chow-ma-mien, probably spelled incorrectly but it had fresh noodles, shrimp, sea cucumber, clams, carrots, onions and a very big dose of Cayenne pepper to make it initially very hot!!!!! It would bring a smile to your face and sweat to your brow;)

Sam:biggrin:
Sounds Good Sam!!:biggrin:
We should suggest that "Soupy" check it out!:coffeescreen:
LOL
Thanks!
Ed

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
That reminds me that I haven't seen the key to my Springer in about 5 years. It was on a ring with a fob that was from the Kent Constabulary in England. Given to me by a guy named Ari, from Iran. Who I got wickedly drunk in a bar in Fairmont, West Virginia.

I'm going to have to make a serious effort to find it, because it really does mean a lot to me. The fob. I haven't needed a the Springer key in about 15 years.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
That reminds me that I haven't seen the key to my Springer in about 5 years. It was on a ring with a fob that was from the Kent Constabulary in England. Given to me by a guy named Ari, from Iran. Who I got wickedly drunk in a bar in Fairmont, West Virginia.

I'm going to have to make a serious effort to find it, because it really does mean a lot to me. The fob. I haven't needed a the Springer key in about 15 years.
OK Eye, I think you have a Road King??;) The Missus a Heritage? ;)and you have a Panhead?:biggrin::biggrin: now..........theres a "Springer"???:confused: are those bikes of yours reproducing??:biggrin:
Surely you arent feeding them......"Miso Soup??!! LMAO:coffeescreen:
Ed:71baldboy:

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"soupy" comes from my Family name......for the record.

-soupy

1 - 20 of 37 Posts