Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bodywork is freshly painted and has yet to be buffed and installed but I've been using Turtle Wax Ice over a Mcguire's polymer paste on the car and man I have to say it works on everything! Paint, chrome, matte black. Has anyone used this on a bike?

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
3,554 Posts
Don't wax anything freshly painted. Your paint is still breathing, wax can seal off it's ability to evaporate the solvents which can cause issues. Give it a good 90 days before you wax new paint

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't wax anything freshly painted. Your paint is still breathing, wax can seal off it's ability to evaporate the solvents which can cause issues. Give it a good 90 days before you wax new paint
Got it thanks for the reminder. It has been 6 weeks since the paint. What I want to do in the meantime is protect everything under the bodywork from grime and corrosion buildup.

·
Registered
848 Posts
100% pure tung oil works great to seal the finish on alloy rims, painted or anodized.

... it's a hardening oil so it repairs porosity in the finish and reduces damage from the sand blasting your rear wheel goes through. Apply it in extremely thin layers.

·
Registered
808 Posts
For cured or factory paint, as well as glass, metal, rubber, plastic and vinyl...I love this stuff. It was recommended to me by a Motorcycle mechanic. I've used just about everything else. This stuff is also one of the easiest to remove. I use it on my car and Harley. I buy it through Amazon.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Been using TW Ice for several years and love it! Just wish it lasted as long on the bike as it does on the cars and truck...

I have looked at using a marine wax (Collinite 845) to see if it would last longer, but it's a bit pricey and the TW is so fast to apply.

Reactions: Carny Gisada

·
Ace Tuner
2,979 Posts
S100 Detail+Wax. Comes in a spray can. Cleans and waxes.
Good

S F

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,138 Posts
Been using Lucus Slick Mist on all my vehicles. Easy on/off. Use anytime you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts