Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I guess my definition of a cruiser is different to yours. I see a "standard" and not a cruiser. To me a cruiser has some kind of wind protection and a comfortable seating and driving position. I do not see that in that bike. It looks like a very nice standard to me.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Looking at the specs, they don't list the horsepower, so I'm assuming the horsepower won't be anywhere near what a 650 sport bike will be.

It is kind of like the Vmax, that bike has a ton of power but then Yamaha put it in their cruiser and cut the hp way back.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Blaine, it's not a V-twin, it's a parallel twin like the Triumph twins.
That is why I said I like it, because it isn't a V twin. I suppose I should have worded my response differently.

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
I guess my definition of a cruiser is different to yours. I see a "standard" and not a cruiser. To me a cruiser has some kind of wind protection and a comfortable seating and driving position. I do not see that in that bike. It looks like a very nice standard to me.
The footpegs are too far forward to be a standard. Cruiser to me has nothing to do with wind protection or not, as the same model harley can be bought with or without windshield, and just changing that doesn't make it standard or cruiser.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Looking at the specs, they don't list the horsepower, so I'm assuming the horsepower won't be anywhere near what a 650 sport bike will be.

It is kind of like the Vmax, that bike has a ton of power but then Yamaha put it in their cruiser and cut the hp way back.
It says it is a 650

"Smooth, refined 649cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine"

I wouldn't mind having one myself, but it's a smaller engine than what I have now.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I do not see that in that bike. It looks like a very nice standard to me.
Take a look at the seating position, and the rake & tail, that looks like cruiser to me. However handle bars are more like a standard. It is a different concept.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It's a nice bike buuuuttt.. I'd grab something like a Yamaha FZ-07 if I wanted something still comfortable but more more sportbike-like without going to a whole "half pushup" posture of a pure sportbike

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,672 Posts
That is one heck of a good looking cruiser. I much prefer the modern cruiser look they've got going on with that bike. However, having owned two Bandit 1200s, and a vintage KZ550, I will NEVER own another cruiser (and yes, I had a GZ250 and a Marauder 800). Cruisers are incredibly uncomfortable to me, whereas I could ride all day on my Bandit.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts