Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm riding my Silverwing scooter down Bell avenue in Phoenix yesterday, 40mph, finishing off a "Nutty-Buddy" ice cream cone, and some guy holds a cellphone out the window. I give him a "tip of the cone" and he snaps a picture of me.

Picture-worthy? Really? Just because I rode a half dozen blocks with only my right hand on the throttle, fingers laid on the front brake...

If any situation had arisen requiring both hands I'd have dropped the ice cream in a heartbeat.

Who's the idiot here, me or him? No wait... not sure I wanna know.

·
Driftless Rider
1,485 Posts
If I saw a guy on a scooter eating an ice cream cone, I would probably take a picture too....as long as I wasn't driving.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
That's considered as much "distracted driving" as anything ELSE you might've had in your hand!!

-Soupy

·
Driftless Rider
1,485 Posts
it is a bit scary to think of one guy on a scooter eating ice cream driving next to a guy driving a car and taking pictures:eek:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,844 Posts
The guy behind them would have probably been shocked if he hadn't been reading the newspaper,

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Oh. He did say ice cream didn't he. I thought the nutty buddy was his special friend or something.

In that case, I don't see anything wrong with tooling along on a scooter licking your nutty buddy. He was in control the whole time, right?

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
It would really bother me if he was driving a Slingshot. It wouldn't be the ice cream though, it would be that he was wearing a full face helmet trying to eat an ice cream while driving a car with seatbelts on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts