Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am sure many of you guys already know this, but i got spencer to redo my yamaha V-star 1100 seat and i am completely happy. it has more cushion, so my backside is very happy. not to mention it looks factory and it took a week from when i sent it to when it was on my doorstep.
amazing stuff.
http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php
any other bikes i get, i am getting him to work on the seat. he has my business for life.

·
Exorcising My Angels
655 Posts
What was the total damage on that? I'm thinking of having him do my Ninja 650 seat.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was 75 to do the work, and 25 to ship. if i hadn't gotten the stuff that makes it good for long hauls i could have gotten out for 50 instead of 75... but i figure if i am going to do it, i need to do it. i rode around the other night for ah hour or so and felt great. even small bumps that were painful before, i barely feel now.
great stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds good to me!

My bike (while it is the best bike on the planet....) has the worst seat ever designed. Sure, it feels good when you first get on, but by the time you get to 2nd gear....BAM! The pain and torture begins. I thought of Corbin and the like, but spending all that cash for the "hope" of a better seat did not work for my mind and wallet. I have even considered making a "bike butt cushion" to tape to my pants so I can ride without crying in pain!:eek: But now, I belive that I will give this a try. I will give my review when I get it back from Florida. Thanks for the info!:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know this thread is old, but I wanted to add to the accolades. I just received my seat back from Spencer for my 2001 Suzuki Savage. Before I bought the bike I knew the seat was notoriously uncomfortable. It was almost as though they used the same model as they do for riding jackets (12 year old boys) when they made the seat.

I also sprung for the "LD Supracor" material and I can feel the difference. I also sit in the seat instead of on it. I did not notice this as an issue until I sat down yesterday. The main issue with the seat is the rear comes up way too fast and pushes into the tail bone. This for me is still a slight issue, but my build is not that of a normal rider (if you catch my drift). Ergo, I don't know if this particular seat will ever be 100% perfect. There is a vast improvement and the absorption of the bumps and vibrations makes this worth it.

I live in NC. I may have over-estimated the shipping weight at 10 pounds (it was actually 5) so shipping there was $16 and I paid Spencer another $16 to get it back to me. That, alongside the $75 for the mod puts me in cheaper than other options I may have had (aside from pads and such). The seat is still stock, which is nice.

I sent it on a Tuesday and it was in my hands Monday afternoon. I call that fast.

I took a 40-mile ride yesterday and felt the difference. The bike is not meant for non-stop riding for hundreds of miles; it's a thumper and it feels that way. However, I think I can easily get to my next fill up if I wanted to (about 100 miles give or take).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts