Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Illinois just raised the cost of moving violations by $5 in order to fund body cameras for departments that wish to use them.

I wonder if this will result in more diligent enforcement in order to raise the money needed.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
Safety is all about the money! The money will be used to settle lawsuits that arrive from the use of body cameras. They will also need to hire more IT to erase the videos so that they can not be used.

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the idea of body cameras in general. I think it can help protect the police and the public.

There have been a lot of situations where a camera has exposed police abuse, and protected the officers when false accusations have been made against them.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
The cops I know are completely for the cameras. IMO you're probably a little shady if you're not.

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
I like the idea of body cameras in general. I think it can help protect the police and the public.

There have been a lot of situations where a camera has exposed police abuse, and protected the officers when false accusations have been made against them.
Several LEO's are good friends of mine and have related many times just how good some of the less desirable folks they pick up are at trying to make an officer look bad. Female suspects often try to set up a male officer for sexual harassment. The dash cams have saved their bacon often, but the body cams will be better yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts