Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently I purchased these gloves at the local Motorcycle shop.
They retail for about $40, I got them for $33.

I have an avg-to-smallish sized hand (read femmy) and the mediums are a bit snug on me. I opted for snug rather than loose, since they will almost certainly stretch out some.

The gloves are stylish and the wrist-strap velcro works well to secure them. They are soft and comfy at the wrist and don't cut my circulation off
at all. The palms are reinforced with another layer of leather at potential wear points, and every part of your hand that could conceivably wear on the handbars is covered. The leather is both pliable and of decent thickness. The palms and fingers are also slightly padded for increased protection and comfort.
They are also naturally curved to the riding position, so they don't bunch up much if at all while riding. The gloves are armorless, however the knuckle area is heavily padded with additional leather coverage. The padding sits at a good angle, and I feel it gives good coverage and protection. The top/outside area of the fingers is semi-covered with leather armor and vented well. There is also additional padding at the second knuckle. The cloth part of the gloves is minimal and made out of mesh for extra breathability. Although they don't breathe as well as my last gloves they are incredibly better made and safer. In Hawaiian 75 degree days they are comfortable and mostly cool.
For the price I feel these are an incredible deal. There isn't much in the way
of armor, but for abrasive protection I feel these are more than adequate. The knuckle armor will definitely soften any impact, tho it will offer little in the
way of crush protection. Still, for a comfortable, well made, and fairly breathable glove, I can't see doing much better for 35 bucks out the door.
They are comfy, they don't pinch, bunch, or bind, and they are not overly restrictive on normal riding movement. I feel they are well made and offer at least good protection for the average rider, and they're a great deal for a new rider looking to get into some decent gear without spending a ton of cash.
For the price, I'm not sure what more you could ask for.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update:

still holding together save for the velcro. It's starting to come off
the rubber wrist straps. :(
An easy, easy fix with SuperGlue, but I hate fixing new stuff.
Still for $30 + glue, not a bad deal. Maybe it's just too damp here.

·
Registered
146 Posts
update:

still holding together save for the velcro. It's starting to come off
the rubber wrist straps. :(
An easy, easy fix with SuperGlue, but I hate fixing new stuff.
Still for $30 + glue, not a bad deal. Maybe it's just too damp here.
hmmm my velcro seems to be holding fine.These gloves are still very comfortable :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts