Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
Bordeaux Red 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 DCT
162 Posts
Cost + range limitation means there is not a single electric vehicle out there suitable to replace my daily driver (of either the 2- or 4-wheeled variety). I’d maybe consider an electric bicycle, but even then only if I’ve got that pile of cash burning a hole in my pocket with absolutely nothing else more important to spend it on. I still can’t for the life of me understand how any of these manufacturers can justify what they’re asking for these things, considering the limited usability you get out of them. Of course it doesn’t help that they stuff every technology imaginable into them that everybody has to have, said no one ever.

· Registered
56 Posts
..What we are looking is things developing for the near future. The current internal combustion engine is going the way the 2-stroke wentt. And more, and more countries are moving to completely ban the sale of new internal combustion engines in 10 years. Many manufacturers like VW have declared they are not spending any more in developing or improving internal combustion. Any body saying, I'll stay with internal combustion not matter, is like the ones who said would stay with the Model T. although still there are a few years.

.....what have to come down in price, and improve in charge duration, is the battery technology. And as more and more sectors switches over, and more are made, prices will also come down by volume also. Under the present circumstance... In my personal opinion....It makes sense, but it is already too late to save planet Earth from us..,,,we are way too many.....doing too much damage electric or not..

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
22,560 Posts
And more, and more countries are moving to completely ban the sale of new internal combustion engines in 10 years.
Personally I think that is too aggressive and they'll have some major problems if they enforce it. But we shall see. I may not see it but others will. Lines at service stations and waiting for replacement power packs. And what about all the other things produced with fossil fuel? No more plastic or lipstick for women or girlie boys. I think this whole war on fossil is very short sighted.

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
22,560 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.