Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm one of the northern riders in this forum… where I live (Northern Manitoba, Canada), we are getting another 4 inches of snow today. I had my bike out when we had some flukey nice weather back in March and am seriously starting to consider storing my bike somewhere in the southern USA (Nevada, Arizona, Florida, etc.) so I can continue to ride during our winters.

Has anyone on this forum had any good experience with specific self storage facilities? I can read reviews all day and send off countless emails to different places, but would rather take your advice on here.

Any Canadians who have or are thinking about doing the same, please chip in!

Cheers!

·
American Legion Rider
20,630 Posts
Do you fly? Many small airports have plane storage so you could get your bike down or purchase one here and then store it in the plane storage. Fly in, get bike and boogy and you'd have a place to park your plane while running around.

All the little rental storage things are totally dependent on what your neighbors next door are doing. Some have had people cooking meth in them. The whole thing is a gamble as far as I'm concerned. I just think regional airports have better security.

·
7,270 Posts
Our "Southern border," is just a long as our Northern border with you Canadians. Maybe you could be more geographically specific about where you want your bike to be??

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
7,270 Posts

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I have about 25 regulars from mostly Ontario and Quebec that bring their bikes down every Winter and, I assume, bring them back home to Canada during the summer. Most of them rent trailers or houses for the Winter and just keep the bikes there. Sometimes in sheds or under covers if they don't have a garage.

·
Registered
886 Posts
If you are talking about a garage type of situation in a self storage place you have to check their rules, some of the storage facilities in my area don't allow vehicles to be stored inside one of the "lockers". The fear is that something containing gas or oil would be a fire danger, some have outdoor storage or parking for vehicles so you would have to ask about the facility rules, would you be okay with leaving a several thousand dollar bike outside in the weather or open to vandalism? I assume you are considering a garage type of storage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts