Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Visionary
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a beautiful day, at 65f at 3pm the warmest day of the year so far. 63 miles riding to work. 145 miles riding home. Sometimes you just have to take the long way....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American Legion Rider
26,018 Posts
It's been great for riding here and I've yet to get a single ride in. Ranch work sucks some times.:( :( :(

·
Visionary
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to take 1 day off from the ranch work and get in a good long ride, trust me, the mental adjustment will pay off in your productivity the rest of the week.

It's been great for riding here and I've yet to get a single ride in. Ranch work sucks some times.:( :( :(

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
670 Posts
Agreed. The times I've ridden to work, I've made my 20 minute ride home last over an hour.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Several years ago I took a job at a rural location, about 55 miles from my home in the suburbs of Milwaukee at the time. During a good chunk of the year to rode my motorcycle to and from work, with the true luxury of heading West in the morning with the sun at my back, and East in the evening, again with the sun at my back. For the part of the ride that was in the urban jungle, heading out of town in the morning I was free from most of the traffic which was heading into the city, and the reverse was true again in the evening. And being the boss of a large county nursing home with over 500 employees and no boss above me other than the elected County Board of Supervisors (who told me that they hired me to run the facility and as long as I didn't ask for more than what I was given in my budget, to do as I pleased) I sometimes took advantage and left early in the afternoon to convert that 55 mile commute into a 150 mile ride through central and eastern Wisconsin. After a few years I was offered another job that was too good to turn down, but I never again had the opportunity to take a daily motorcycle ride as I did when I worked for that rural county in the mid 1990's.

Reactions: Eagle Six

·
On The Road Again!
4,207 Posts
Yep, I do it all the time.
I go grocery shopping with the bike. The store is about 5 miles from home.
So why does the odometer read almost 30 miles by the time I get back?
And why is the ice cream melting already?

In the summer, on Thursdays I ride to Bike Night. The restaurant is only about
15 miles from home....but it takes me about 50 miles to get there!

I head out to get gas in the bike. But by the time I get home, the tank is nearly
half empty!
Can't figure it out.

·
American Legion Rider
26,018 Posts
I agree and I think I see a break coming. Before I retired my rides home were always twice as long if not more than they were going in. And even a few rides in ended up with a call to take a personal day off. You know, medical needs.;) ;) ;) The next day I always felt much better. It's amazing how that worked out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts