Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was asked to drop in here and introduce myself.

I'm 44, grew up in a garage and mostly around autos and Harleys. Spent the last 20+ years working in IT. Got into sport bikes in my college / post college years. (early 2000s). Last year my youngest daughter and I started into dirt bikes.

Current Garage is :
2002 HD Heritage
2001 RM250
1987 DR 125

Cheers,
Wade

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
871 Posts
For me it's not the number of wheels. but what you get from just two. Your more aware of everything around you, including sounds and smells. Try riding down a road with hay being cut on both sides. Amazing. I can stop easily and look ay anything. I also put the phone away and it's not used at any time during the ride, so freedom from everything including time. I thought about getting a simple watch and putting in around the handlebars but decided against it, so that created freedom from time.

·
American Legion Rider Staff Administrator
27,442 Posts
Welcome from northeast Ohio.

To add to @cattzap's list: riding a hilly road on a Summer morning and suddenly riding into a pocket of cool air. That's something that never gets old, and something you never notice while driving in your cage.
You mean you'll never tasted the temperature change? Now that's an interesting phenomena.

·
Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
722 Posts
WELCOME, WADE ! .

There
are quite a few here who have extensive knowledge and are ready to share plus good riding stories and places to try .

• Love
Reactions: Porky
1 - 11 of 11 Posts