Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is a problem(maybe) the bike had ever since the day I bought it about a month ago. When you start to take off in a 1st gear from a stop theres a audible CLICK/CLUNK once the clutch starts to engage/letting lever out. Usually after Clicking/Clunking if you quicly pull in the clutch and try it again it wont click. What I found is when you are rolling in first if you pull in the clutch until you come to a stop then let out the clutch with no gas it will CLICK almost every time. The sound seems to come from the front sprocket or gearbox area on the left of the bike. I just want to confirm the noise is not the same noise you get when stalling the bike. I tried loosening my chain a bit but the sound is still there. Im worried that something in my gear box might be loose since I dont get this effect on my 2017 FZ09. Is this normal for suzuki maybe or is there something wrong with the bike?

· Biker
1,891 Posts
I guess it would have primary fluid and a wet clutch? if low, maybe that is it. I don't know why, that if it is a NEW bike, you did not take it to the dealer or at least call them and ask them about it.How many miles have you put on the NEW bike since you took delivery of it? how is it once you get past 1st? I suggest you read the owners manual a few more times, You really should have read the owners manual a few times, looking everything over and getting to know your bike before you threw a leg over. . .

You say,
"When you start to take off in a 1st gear from a stop there's a audible CLICK/CLUNK." O.k. when you do a pre-ride, is engine running? If yes, then you hold in clutch, shift then let clutch out? If in gear with engine not running, holding in clutch and moving bike, does it feel like clutch is still grabbing? if so clutch cable might need to be adjusted, Seems to me there should be NO drag with clutch held in. Most likely there is an adjustment on the clutch cable and all needed info in owners manual. Sometimes it might clunk until clutch, oil are warmed up.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer refuses to help me at all. They just call it "Normal" and refuse to dig deeper without cost. I checked sprocket and chain and it checked out. Here is a video of the bike doing it. youtubeDOTcom/watch?v=vs6GRp31eOM[/url]

· Registered
460 Posts
That does not sound normal to me especially since it is in neutral. I could see if it was moving. Sounds to me like something could be loose in/around the basket. Are you sure your cable is adjusted correctly. Is there any slack? Can clearly hear noise on video. Maybe try taking a mechanics stethoscope and see if you can pinpoint it cause it's hard to from video. The dealer sounds unsure! Either it's normal or they have to dig in to further diagnose! I would take it to a technician, not someone in sales and tell them to listen. Better yet, I would post this on a Gixxer forum. I'm sure those guys can confirm. You're sure to find someone with same bike there. Let us know what you find.

· Ghost in the machine
2,865 Posts
The dealer refuses to help me at all. They just call it "Normal" and refuse to dig deeper without cost. I checked sprocket and chain and it checked out. Here is a video of the bike doing it. youtubeDOTcom/watch?v=vs6GRp31eOM[/url]
Take it to another dealership! If it is under warranty, any authorized dealer can check it out and do any necessary work.

Another option is to go to the dealership where you bought it and ask to test ride another bike just like the one you bought. If they both make the same noise, then it may be "normal". If not, ask the dealership to explain why one bike makes a "normal" sound and the other does not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.