Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its real winter now here in northern Illinois. Took the dogs for a short walk at the nearby community college with a temp of 23 and wind chill of 13. I wondered if it was, in fact, too cold for my dogs. But there in a parking space next to one of the college buildings was a parked scooter. I've seen that 2 wheeler there before, but today was a bit surprised because it is really cold this morning. My driveway was more ice than not from the recent snow, and it never even crosses my mind to think about taking the motorcycle from under its cover in my garage. So whoever rides that scooter is one tough, or desperate person.

· Premium Member
6,196 Posts
Could be that's the owner's only means to get to work. In my early days riding, I rode to work all year, and could tell the temperature by where on the ride my fingers were too stiff to move.:D

· Registered
CB125T, EX250 commuter, Ninja 250 racebike, CBR250R(MC19), VF500F, CBR600RR, VFR750F
819 Posts
At university, my moto was only means of transport. If it was raining and I had to get groceries, raincoat ride was it!

• Wow
Reactions: Kuiil

· Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
1,348 Posts
Could be that's the owner's only means to get to work. In my early days riding, I rode to work all year, and could tell the temperature by where on the ride my fingers were too stiff to move.:D
There's always a Vulcan parked at my local Walmart year round. I think it belongs to an employee. I helped him put a cover on it once in the freezing rain. Don't know how he does it.

· Premium Member
6,196 Posts
There's always a Vulcan parked at my local Walmart year round. I think it belongs to an employee. I helped him put a cover on it once in the freezing rain. Don't know how he does it.
He'll probably regret it when he's past 50. I can't fly my model aircraft in temps below about 55 now, because my fingers get too stiff. All those near-frozen, almost frostbite days.:cry:

· Registered
2002 Honda VTX, 1995 Ducati, Harley panhead in a box
109 Posts
Its real winter now here in northern Illinois. Took the dogs for a short walk at the nearby community college with a temp of 23 and wind chill of 13. I wondered if it was, in fact, too cold for my dogs. But there in a parking space next to one of the college buildings was a parked scooter. I've seen that 2 wheeler there before, but today was a bit surprised because it is really cold this morning. My driveway was more ice than not from the recent snow, and it never even crosses my mind to think about taking the motorcycle from under its cover in my garage. So whoever rides that scooter is one tough, or desperate person.
No doubt a poor college student, and the scooter fits the budget.
I’d be concerned about black ice, and snow on the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts