Motorcycle Forum banner

Some help with carbs please!

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  SemiFast 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Brand new to this forum however I just got a zzr600 engine today for a project I'm doing and it came with Keihin CVK Carbs and im not sure what everything is. If anyone can help me out with all of the connections (Choke, Fuel, Throttle etc) If someone could help me out with this it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Joe Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Carburetor Machine

See less See more
#2 ·
If you want a parts breakdown, look here: 2007 Kawasaki ZZR600 ZX600J Parts - Best OEM Parts Diagram for 2007 Kawasaki ZZR600 ZX600J
That photo is looking at the throttles, and the 3 screws on the linkage between them are for synchronizing them. The black knob left of center sets the idle speed. The cable is connected to the 'choke' (starting enrichment) slide, which is held in place by the screws in the slotted holes; the slots allow it to slide to open the enrichment valves. Looks like you are missing one of those screws. It looks like the throttle cable was attached near the idle control knob, and wrapped around the pulley next to the spring. It appears you have two fuel filters, one on each end of the fuel lines connected between all four carbs.

#4 ·
If you want a parts breakdown, look here: 2007 Kawasaki ZZR600 ZX600J Parts - Best OEM Parts Diagram for 2007 Kawasaki ZZR600 ZX600J
That photo is looking at the throttles, and the 3 screws on the linkage between them are for synchronizing them. The black knob left of center sets the idle speed. The cable is connected to the 'choke' (starting enrichment) slide, which is held in place by the screws in the slotted holes; the slots allow it to slide to open the enrichment valves. Looks like you are missing one of those screws. It looks like the throttle cable was attached near the idle control knob, and wrapped around the pulley next to the spring. It appears you have two fuel filters, one on each end of the fuel lines connected between all four carbs.
Thankyou very much. I moved what should be the throttle linkage and it only moved the circular flap type things at the front, which was what I thought would've been the choke, and doesn't move the 'plunger' (For lack of a better word) which from my experience with other carbs is the throttle. Is this carb just different or should the 'plunger' move when I rotate what should be the throttle? Also, there's two tubes coming off the carbs at the top, which seem to go between the 1st and 2nd, and a different tube coming off the middle of the 3rd and 4th. Is this overflow or something?

Thanks alot
Joe

#7 ·
The black caps on top of the carbs (right in this image) are the vacuum chambers for the CV pistons. The higher the airflow, the greater the vacuum formed under the pistons (Bernoulli's principle), which lifts the pistons to keep the air velocity relatively constant through the venturi, half of which is formed by the bottom of the pistons. In carbs that have this piston directly lifted by the throttle cables (VVT), there is no throttle plate, since the piston performs both functions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.