Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for any of you who remember my previous post, I was racking my brain about buying the Bolt. Well today I did it. I am the very happy new owner of a 2015 Bolt. $2200 under invoice and only the 6 miles from my test ride on it. Unfortunately it’s supposed to rain tomorrow which means no riding for me. But after that the next few days are supposed to be wonderful. I need to get used to it before I ride it to work and the gym. But there will be some parking lot days in my near future. Now my next dilemma is accessories

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
Mmmm, new bike smell:icon_cool:

I really like the Bolts, the C-spec is my favorite.
Which model did you get?

And we need to see pics;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the Bolt. Don't like the look of it and I can't flat foot it anyway. And where is my head...I forgot the pics. It was close to dark by the time I got home and I still had to feed the dog, and my neighbor. Oh yeah how is this for a sign I should not buy the bike ? Just as I was about to write the check to the dealer, my cell rings. It's Visa fraud protection. Someone was using my check card number to make internet purchases in Canada and Las Vegas. Or course it wasn't me. And the irony is I never use that checking account. I have it as a backup in case something happens to my main account, which I just went through last month. Anyway I was only able take 2 pics with it being close to dark when I got home. More pics on Sunday maybe once I take it the parking lot. new bike 1.jpg

new bike 2.jpg

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,300 Posts
Somebody looks really happy. Congrats

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just the Bolt. Don't like the look of it and I can't flat foot it anyway. And where is my head...I forgot the pics. It was close to dark by the time I got home and I still had to feed the dog, and my neighbor. Oh yeah how is this for a sign I should not buy the bike ? Just as I was about to write the check to the dealer, my cell rings. It's Visa fraud protection. Someone was using my check card number to make internet purchases in Canada and Las Vegas. Or course it wasn't me. And the irony is I never use that checking account. I have it as a backup in case something happens to my main account, which I just went through last month. Anyway I was only able take 2 pics with it being close to dark when I got home. More pics on Sunday maybe once I take it the parking lot....
What do you mean you can't flatfoot it? I'm confused.

You have to feed your neighbor as well? What's up w/ that?

Anyway, that is one sweet ride, love the red. What were the other color options?

Nice bike, dude.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Anyway, that is one sweet ride, love the red. What were the other color options?

Nice bike, dude.
  1. Can't have both my feet on the ground. Bike was too high for me.
  2. She took me to pick up the bike
  3. They had the light blue and the gray one. The C spec was in green. Even that was discounted to like 6200

·
Registered
804 Posts
That's a good looking Bolt! Congrats. First time I've seen a red one, waaaay better than the green.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Post some pics when you can!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Nice bike, dude.
I just reread my post and I see I should have specified. I could not flat foot the c-spec and I didn't like the look of the c-spec

·
Registered
195 Posts
  3. They had the light blue and the gray one. The C spec was in green. Even that was discounted to like 6200
I see, I guess you needed to feed your neighbor then. :)

Cool re colors. Red is sharp!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just reread my post and I see I should have specified. I could not flat foot the c-spec and I didn't like the look of the c-spec
Oh, I didn't know that the seat heights were different for the 3 trims...I thought they were all the same just different peg positioning? I guess that I'm wrong. :shrugs:

EDIT: ya, chked their site, C-spec's seat height is higher than the R-spec and reg Bolt. Anyway, think your bike looks best.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Congratulations! There's nothing quite like the feel of getting a new bike, eh? I hope you both bond quickly and have many happy days and miles together! And it sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal on that machine too: So much the better!

:71baldboy:

·
Premium Member
8,909 Posts
Sweet

I have sat on both of them at the Yamaha shop. The lower seat model has a nice feel to it. I hope it works well for you.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
886 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, I like the look of the Bolt. Where is the seat for the neighbor you took to dinner? Anyway have fun and keep the wheels down.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
Thats weird... I can almost flatfoot my 03 V-Max, (with larger than stock tires front and back, and the preload set on three in the back, and I am only 130lbs with a 30" inseam. And I bet the V-Max is wider between the legs than that C-spec

1 - 20 of 44 Posts