Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Visionary
5,265 Posts
I want a set of those on my bike, just to make passing on the highway easier of course :)

Reactions: Porky

·
On The Road Again!
4,196 Posts
What the hell is he using for wheel bearings and tires on that bicycle???

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No kidding and it's still capable of being pedaled and has the derailer intact. Apparently it's okay because it tracks straight. Notice also that he stops the rocket boost at about half way!!!!!!!

The Guy in the Ferarri will have to tell his friends that he got beat by a bicycle :)

Sam:)

·
Visionary
5,265 Posts
Beat by a moped, actually.
I think that's worse to be honest :cool:

No kidding and it's still capable of being pedaled and has the derailer intact. Apparently it's okay because it tracks straight. Notice also that he stops the rocket boost at about half way!!!!!!!

The Guy in the Ferarri will have to tell his friends that he got beat by a bicycle :)

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
What the hell is he using for wheel bearings and tires on that bicycle???
That was my first thought. That has to be one heavily modified bicycle to withstand that speed. Well, obviously mod'ed frame but head and bearings too. I'd guess solid rubber tires but I'd sure like to see the specs on that thing. Not enough to dig fo them though.:D :D :D

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,515 Posts
Hell RG he can't even sit up

·
2009 Ninja 500r
1,505 Posts
Blackbird can... oh yeah and a Busa. jus sayin'.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Its a Hydrogen-Steam rocket. His tank held a little over 3 gallons of H2O2 generating steam at 650 F. and launching the bike from 0-87 MPH in 1.1 seconds with a capable top speed of 444 Kmh/275.8 mph in under four seconds. After this run at 207 MPH, he was working his way up to to reach the full 275 mph and the run after this was supposed to reach 249 mph.

Francois Gissy was killed in May, 2018 when a water-air rocket trike he was testing crashed at 162 mph (estimated). Not known whether the trike came apart or he lost control, ether way he and the bike were spread over a 1/4 mile area.

The bicycle in the video above is just a standard fat tire bike with an elongated frame for more stability and could still be used as a regular bicycle without the rocket. The brakes were standard OEM bicycle brakes.

That might sound crazy but look at what he was riding when he was killed.

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
That video reminded me of this one...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
At least it may be somewhat warm near the engine!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts