Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
S Rank
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My camera was pretty icy and snowed over, but I was recording. I'll post a video tonight some time.

Rode into work slipping a sliding on snow covered ice. Was fairly easy just not able to engine brake/brake too fast or accelerate too much. Got into my work driveway which is basically an ice rink on an uneven surface. Got through most of it without sliding. Casually going through with both feet down at 10 mph I hit a super slick spot with my snow pack rear and instantly had zero control. My rear started doing about 15 mph putting me sideways. I caught traction sideways and went over the bars :)

Which reminds me...if you ride in ice and snow...beware uneven/unlevel surfaces 10x as much.

The rest of the driveway from that point on had zero traction.

Bruised my shin and pride a little bit, but I'm all good. Bikes fine. Be safe fam.

·
S Rank
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ride because it's fun. Flipping over my bars was fun too. That's hard for a lot of people to understand I guess.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
S Rank
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sadly illegal in NJ. I try not to break all the laws. I can justify to myself that i might shed spikes or tear up pavement with those. I seen some. ids of sportbikes on ice with those and they had crazy good traction. Maybe one day I'll get a chance to experience that.

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
You can screw self tapping 3/4 X 8 screws with six sided heads, in to your knobby tyres, and ride on ice. Like a frozen lake. BTDT

UK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts