Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I restoring a 1985 Honda Nighthawk S (CB 700SC). I'm in the process of cleaning the carbs.
My question... Is the Slow Jet suppose to have a vertical hole running the whole length of it, top to bottom?
I can"t see any light through it. only the small holes on the sides I can see light through.
Thanks! Kevin

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
The answer varies with carb design; it sounds like your SJ is fed by a passage from the main jet, which is a common configuration. If there is no sign of a drilled hole into the bottom of the jet, then it sure sounds normal, to me.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
You can usually tell by blowing air into the main jet and feeling if it comes out through the hole the pilot jet came out; it may be easier to use spray carb cleaner. It should come out several openings in addition, like the intake air jets and the needle jet. You can also spray into the empty SJ hole, and look for it to come out the main. Wear safety glasses if you use cleaner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.