Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the problem, during drives through the city as I am approaching an intersection the lets say at 40mph the light might turn red so I will shift down to neutral but there are times that half ways to the light, it turns back to green. At this moment I am maybe going 20mph and as I shift up to gear 2-3 it sounds and feels weird to the clutch the bike does not jerk so its not the gear been too low but rather I can just hear and feel the clutch not "liking it".

Any suggestions

Ps. bike is a 09 650r with only 45xx miles and previews owner rebuilt the clutch or replaced it prior to selling it to me. Also the bike has been dropped and the clutch is slightly bend inwards, would this be an issue?

Thanks

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a bad clutch.
thanks for the input

You might want to replace the clutch lever and not coast in neutral.
Ok thanks for your input as well. I appreciate it.

Im concerned I damaged it already more than it might have been.
I took it for a drive an hour ago and drove for around 1 hour and indeed I have to slow down to almost 10-15 mph in oder to do a clean gear change. Also maybe im tripping but it sounds and feels like the engaging of gears are grinding as I shift to a lower gears.
With that said changing gears upwards is as smooth as can be so maybe its user error? I will continue to experiment, the clutch lever does have multiple settings so maybe ill try the higher position.

Thanks again

· Registered
94 Posts
seems odd that a 9yr old bike only has 4500miles on it. Did you forget a zero?
What do you mean the previous owner rebuilt the clutch? The actual clutch or just the clutch lever? Why would a bike with
4500miles need to have the clutch rebuilt? Previous owner abusing bike?
You should not be coasting to a stop in neutral. I always gear down to 2nd then first if i have to stop. Once traffic behind me looks to be stopping
i might change to neutral.

Tho now i do not have to be concerned about all that with the Honda NC750X DCT :)

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
seems odd that a 9yr old bike only has 4500miles on it. Did you forget a zero?
What do you mean the previous owner rebuilt the clutch? The actual clutch or just the clutch lever? Why would a bike with
4500miles need to have the clutch rebuilt? Previous owner abusing bike?
You should not be coasting to a stop in neutral. I always gear down to 2nd then first if i have to stop. Once traffic behind me looks to be stopping
i might change to neutral.

Tho now i do not have to be concerned about all that with the Honda NC750X DCT :)
Yeah I was scheptic as well but the pink slip will prove it or a pic of my odometer haha. Story is 1st owner dropped it a few times and didn't want to ride any longer, sold it with only 1xxx, the second owner who sold it to me held it for 10 months and put 3xxx on it, sold it to me because he bought a hayabusa.

I believe he did tell me he replaced it sorry but the internals as well well as the clutch and break levers.

I took your advice today and did not shift down to neutral but instead just slowed down it gear. Much better. Maybe I was driving it wrong.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.