Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty lanky. Is there a good motorcycle jacket out there that is thinner and longer? I've seen those fashion Faux PU leather jackets, but based on what I've read, they're not very protective, and they're flammable.

I would like something that will protect me, and fits me a little better

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I would think anything from Dainese would be a good place to start. Their jackets run super small. I wear an XL, maybe an XXL if something runs small, but they didn't make one big enough for me. The length was fine, the girth was just very slender.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
It depends on what you mean by lanky. I have very long arms and have to fight to find a jacket with sleeves long enough. So far they've all been alpinestars. Bought a really nice vance and had to return it because when I sat on the bike the sleeves came halfway up my forearms.

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
It depends on what you mean by lanky. I have very long arms and have to fight to find a jacket with sleeves long enough. So far they've all been alpinestars. Bought a really nice vance and had to return it because when I sat on the bike the sleeves came halfway up my forearms.
I had the same issue, and have the same issue with shirts for work... tall slim folks have the same issue I think. You have 3 things to worry about when you buy a shirt or jacket... sleeve length, overall length and waist width and you can only pick 2 to fit properly lol! Anyhow, I found the Icon Contra mesh jacket had the length I needed and fit me like a second skin as though it was made for me. I do weight train so I do need some extra space in the chest and arms but need a small waist and this jacket was perfect. I'm 6'3" 215 - 225 lbs for reference. Sleeves were just the right length. However, it's not leather and truth be told, I still haven't found a leather jacket that fits me the way I want.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, how much should a jacket cost? I got mine from ebay for $40.. it fits ok, and the material seems sturdy enough...

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
ok, how much should a jacket cost? I got mine from ebay for $40.. it fits ok, and the material seems sturdy enough...
However much you want to spend, really. What l do is shop around online and see what the going rate on a given thing is...okay, this jacket seems to fall in the $175-$200 range. So then l look around and find it for a deal. See one on Ebay that is lightly used for $75 and pounce :)

·
So long
2,753 Posts
I'm pretty lanky. Is there a good motorcycle jacket out there that is thinner and longer? I've seen those fashion Faux PU leather jackets, but based on what I've read, they're not very protective, and they're flammable.

I would like something that will protect me, and fits me a little better
@spectastic - if you want to go new, some brands offer tall sizes. If you want to go used, a larger size and can be tailored. Visit some tailors and ask what they charge before deciding.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would think anything from Dainese would be a good place to start. Their jackets run super small. I wear an XL, maybe an XXL if something runs small, but they didn't make one big enough for me. The length was fine, the girth was just very slender.
nice sv. but please don't tell me you're a hawkeye.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello @spectastic,
If you are finding a jacket to protect your body from accident, then using of safe guard is not a bad deal. You can select any of guard for your safety like Knee guard, Hand guard and Helmets. These all are fine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for the record, I'm 6' 165-170 lbs, and I'm a cyclist, so I'm pretty bottom heavy. I had my eye on the contra icon, but it looks pretty baggy, like my current jacket. dainese are super expensive, and don't appear to be very popular on ebay. alpinestar seems like it could be a good option. I would just like something that doesn't flap in the wind

1 - 11 of 11 Posts