Motorcycle Forum banner

Shredder's Stable

320K views 3K replies 66 participants last post by  Critter 
#1 ·
Hey folks. Several comments from you good people and your attitudes toward your bikes prompted an idea. It seems as if lots of us just KNOW our bikes have personalities, so I decided to do a "Photo Comic Strip" about that very thing right here on our forum. Don't be surprised if your name or your bike shows up for a cameo.

Here is the first one. It will be a weekly strip if it turns out to be popular and fun. It will be several weeks before the next one because of some pressing projects. . . so here is the 'teaser trailer . . . :wink:

See less See more
#10 ·
Gosh, I was thinking the garage behind Cruiser was the new one...guess Racer calling out to me distracted me and I didn't look closely enough. Sorry boys, but one of these days Dad will give you the home you deserve. He may even put some heat & AC in there for you...

#28 ·
Critter,
Don't feel bad . . . just remember the saying: (especially for us guitarists) "The older I get, the better I was".

Side note: When I was looking at the 'top ten' songs for those years while writing that episode, 1975 was a VAST WASTELAND of good songs. I picked the #12 song for the year, "Thank God I'm a Country Boy". All the other years had several great songs to choose from. I was a senior in high school that year (1975) . . . good thing I didn't listen to the radio much as I was into albums by then.

#29 ·
I graduated in 1975...I was into 8 tracks...I think. And, help me here GS, was that the year Bachman Turner Overdrive became so popular? Or was that just the year I found them? There was also Foghat's Fool for the City and Slowride, didn't they become popular in '75? I'm going to have to try to find out now that you have me thinking about my Senior year... Anyway, those are some great songs and I had to dig out a few of my CDs to listen to them. :) :)

#32 ·
75- I had been in the Navy for 11 years
I was stationed at a Reserve Center in Anderson Indiana, preparing it for shutdown. Been married 2 years, and life was good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.