Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forums and can't decide if I should change my tubes or just use the old ones. I have a 2017 Crf 250 L and 5k or 6k miles on it in its first year. 95% of the riding is on road as a commuting bike to school and for fun. I got the Shinko 705 for both my tires and can not decide if I should change the tubes because they look like mint condition and it not like I use it off road much or have a powerful bike. I think they are IRC standard because they are slightly lighter that the IRC heavy tubes I got.

Also do I need to lube anything or replace anything when I put the rim back on the bike?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,477 Posts
Agree with Eye and TR. The tubes are as old as the tires and have the same miles on them

·
Veteran Member
3,201 Posts
I'm on the same boat as the other guys. Tubes are very inexpensive. If I change a tire on a tubed bike, I always replace the tube with it. If they were pricey, I'd second guess it. but they are cheap to buy. Keep one of the old ones in your tool kit as a spare if you think you will ever need to change a tube while on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts