Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,052 Posts
Sometimes i buy a bike because I absolutely have to have it. Later I may think, what did I do that for. It happens. Sometimes I keep them for years, bordering on forever. Sometimes I sell a bike, and years later I think, what did I do that for. It happens. What would not motivate me in any way, is what someone else is riding. Other than technical questions.
UK

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think it's totally fine. No 2 bikes are ever the same anyway, even the same models have different characters. Plus you can modify and add your own personal touch to your bike. Just get what you like for your own reasons. Many bikes are generally good bikes so it's not uncommon to have groups of riders with various members with the same bike.

·
Premium Member
7,052 Posts
I could add. Does anyone on this group ride a British Racing Green 1996 Triumph Trophy 900.
Or a 2006 SV1000S blue Suzuki. I know about the 83 XS400, but it is a different color, and more stock than mine.
But wait, there's more. How about a silver grey 1980 XS1100 with Vetter fairing, bags and top box, all stock.
I know about all the orange Trail 90 bikes. That is okay and does not count.
UK

·
Ace Tuner
2,024 Posts
I was wondering if I should stay away because it might be weird to have matching bikes.
It might kinda weird you out when after a rest stop your key doesn't work anymore and your riding buddy has the same problem with his key.*
D'oh!

S F

·
American Legion Rider
19,449 Posts
It might kinda weird you out when after a rest stop your key doesn't work anymore and your riding buddy has the same problem with his key.*
D'oh!

S F
ha ha ha ha...I could see that happening unless one really went far out to make it look differently. Would be funny to watch them get on the wrong bike and wonder what the heck was wrong though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They all ride the same bikes with some minor differences in designs. Ohss I am in love with this bike, losing myself again, is it not soo good ?

·
6,707 Posts
Some bikes that myself and good friends bought at the same time:
1972 Honda XL250.
1974 CB750.
1981 Yamaha XS1100

Bought my Son and I the same bikes.
2010 Honda NT700.
2010 Yamaha Zuma 125.

All except the XL250's were different colors.

RIP my good friends and riding pal's.:(

My Son Aaron and I still ride together.:)

Sam

21 - 29 of 29 Posts