Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm looking at a 2015 Dyna Fat Bob and my friend has the same exact bike. The one I'm looking at has a few add-ons though. I was wondering if I should stay away because it might be weird to have matching bikes.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Well, maybe that depends on the type of friend he is. I have a Yamaha Raider & tell everyone I know how much I love it and what an awesome bike it is.
If next week one of them announces they bought a bike & it's a Raider, I'd feel pretty good about that.

.. now if a nearby neigbor that I barely know suddenly bought a Raider.. I'd assume he must have seen mine & bought it for that reason. FYI Raiders stopped being produced in 2017, and they never were especially common. I guess I'd be OK with that too.

.... if someone I know but didn't like very much bought a Raider.. well I guess I'd feel sorry for that Raider :D

BTW the Fat Bob is probably my favorite Harley!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, maybe that depends on the type of friend he is. I have a Yamaha Raider & tell everyone I know how much I love it and what an awesome bike it is.
If next week one of them announces they bought a bike & it's a Raider, I'd feel pretty good about that.

.. now if a nearby neigbor that I barely know suddenly bought a Raider.. I'd assume he must have seen mine & bought it for that reason. FYI Raiders stopped being produced in 2017, and they never were especially common. I guess I'd be OK with that too.

.... if someone I know but didn't like very much bought a Raider.. well I guess I'd feel sorry for that Raider :D

BTW the Fat Bob is probably my favorite Harley!
Yeah I can see that. I'll have to be honest and ask him because he'll be the main person I'm riding with. I'll be happy either way. I also really like the Fat Bobs, just wish it was a different color.

·
On The Road Again!
2,868 Posts
Definitely not weird. If you like it, buy it.
My best buddy and I both ride red Goldwings.
Not identical, but both bright red.
He likes his. I like mine.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
When I first read this I thought no. But I guess it's not weird, as long as maybe different color, I wouldn't ride with them if it was same color

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Most everyone makes their own bike, "theirs". Windshields, fairings, bags, chrome do-dads, just little things that, to the owners eye, separates his/her bike from everyone else's. Color is just one thing, very important to some people, not so much to others.

If the color of my bike bothers other people, that's not my problem.

·
American Legion Rider
19,496 Posts
I’d just get one of those graphic wraps they have now for fuel tanks and put that on. Bingo, different bike.

·
American Legion Rider
19,496 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
My first thought was: this is a weird question. Its not as if you and your friend are wearing identical outfits and holding hands skipping down the street. I ride a Goldwing. I occasionally ride with other people that own Goldwings, some that look virtually identical to mine. It never occurred to me to be the least bit concerned, but maybe that's just me.

·
Nightfly
3,911 Posts
My first thought was: this is a weird question. Its not as if you and your friend are wearing identical outfits and holding hands skipping down the street. I ride a Goldwing. I occasionally ride with other people that own Goldwings, some that look virtually identical to mine. It never occurred to me to be the least bit concerned, but maybe that's just me.
I was thinking the same thing Vito. Seems as if he thought he would appear "gay" by buying a bike very much like the guy he rides with. i think it's rather nonsensical to even give it consideration. If you like the bike, buy it and ride it. As someone else said, everyone does little things, sometimes big things, to make their bike their own.

·
Premium Member
7,094 Posts
With my main cruiser bike, it would be very hard to see someone else on one. They only made 1350. 37 for Canada.
Mine is from Portland OR.
UK

·
Registered
364 Posts
If I had bike that matched my riding buddies, I'd want to take it in the direction of the pre-war motorcycle clubs, before the evolution of the outlaw biker image. I'd talk him into getting matching jackets and aviator caps and practice riding in precision formation.

These guys are policemen, but you get the idea:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all of the advice. I think I'll just think about myself and not what he thinks. He told me he doesn't care anyways. It's a pretty sweet bike, I'm gunna test ride it and it might be a done deal if it feels good

1 - 20 of 29 Posts