Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty much a new rider. About 4 years ago I bought a suzuki gz250. Took a class got my license and only put maybe 50miles on it. Didn't really live in an area that was motorcycle friendly. Now I totally do and want to get hardcore about it. I'm 90% certain I'm going to buy a 2014 Suzuki c50 boss. Love the black! Been doing research and the c50 seems like a good choice for a starter bike that I could still keep for a few years. The only problem is Im only 5'3" and 140lbs. I'm worried I won't be able to really fit on the bike (I can't reach things on the honda fury). The seat height is the same as my old suzuki but I was wondering if there's another short person out there that has rode it. I haven't been able to see the bike in person. Took awhile to find one and I'm gonna check it out this week. Can I get any feedback on the c50 boss in general? I won't be doing much interstate driving and Im not all about power and speed. Mostly used for trips to work and cruisin down these lovely VT roads

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
According to cycle ergo, you should be able to reach the ground and the controls, as long as you don't slide back too far on the seat. They claim the seat is 27.5 inches high.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
My wife could flat foot a C50, but mine had a saddlemen seat which I think is about an inch lower than stock.

C50 is plenty for street legal riding, 800cc use to be a good size motor, actually still is, now there just happens to be a bunch more larger options.

There are lots of long time riders still riding Yamaha 650 Classic.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I have to ask. Have you been on that 250 lately?
If not, I suggest you go out and run up some miles on it. Now that you are in a riding friendly location it is time to get some experience before spending money on a new bike.
Before you buy any bike, go sit on one and see how well it fits you. On-line ratings and ratings by folks like Cycle World are meaningless when it comes to how a bike fits you. Only you can determine that and you need to do it in person. I am somewhat short myself but am comfortable on my big touring bike. I knew I would be because I went to a dealer and sat on one, then stood it up to get a feel for how heavy it felt and finally took a test ride on a used one to get a feel for how that model felt on the road. When I was sure it was the right bike I had the dealer order one to my specs including color and accessory package at a price we had agreed to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts