Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm looking to learn to ride this year. Don't wanna spend a lot on a bike and have been offered a 77 CJ360T by a buddy of mine. He lives a bit away and I'm wondering to save me the drive just to find the bike doesn't fit does anyone know the seat height of these?

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Ducks desease

All the smaller early bikes had lower seats. It is the new adventure type bikes that have high seats. My similar 83 XS400 suits my 28 inch rear end height.
I am not flat footed at a stop, but close enough.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hopeful now! I'm only 5'1". Will go see how bad it is lol. Maybe boots with a heel???? Lol fml

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
You do know that bike is kick-start only, right? Also, I have the CL version of that bike, the seat height is fine but the seat pad is so wide I can not flat foot it with the stock seat and I'm considerably taller than you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've gone and sat on it. I'm seriously tippy toe on it :(

Some vintage restoration guys said they could lower it for me and mod the seat.

Yes I knew it was a kick start. It was part of its charm initially. But after trying to start it the charm wore off quickly. And my hip is still sore after 3 days. Think I will be looking at something different.

Was at our local bike show this past weekend. Am strongly considering a Yamaha bolt.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Don't wanna spend a lot on a bike
But you're going to buy a Bolt? If you're just starting out, perhaps a used bike might be worth considering. It won't cost as much as up front and you won't lose as much if you decide to sell it. Something like the Suzuki S40 might work. There's lot's of inexpensive new and used ones around. It's also significantly lighter than the Bolt, which will be very helpful for a new rider.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Awen
This is an unfortunate topic to have to discuss. I don't like using the term "short". Too many people act like it's some sort of a disease or something disparaging like that when it's not. Anyway, this is a website I looked for that details a list of bikes with lower seat levels. Maybe you will be able to find something that calls out to you here. There are a lot of comments too that might bring some other bikes to mind.

http://www.motorcycle.com/top10/ten-bikes-for-short-people.html

Hope there's something here that you find useful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think I've found my bike!

2005 Honda shadow spirit 750!

Went to see it today. Fell in love. Just have to liberate the funds!

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's awesome man!
Congrats on that, can't wait to see the pics. Gotta love that feeling of when you sit on a bike and your body just falls into place, like you were meant to be with THAT bike, eh?

What color?
Did you get the passenger backrest?
Has there been any mods done to it?
Are you intending to do any mods to it?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Oh WOW! You certainly nailed it! That is a beauty of a bike. And more importantly, you looked like a kid on Christmas morning.
Super happy for you! I don't think you could have done better. That back bag is super handy too. And I love how the leathers match the bike.

Bl00dy well done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The extras were obviously paint, windscreen, mirror (they are little skeleton hands kinda cool), windscreen, wider rider foot pegs, passenger backrest and luggage rack and luggage shown with also an add on piece for extra storage. I kinda like it just how it is tbh

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,843 Posts
Looks good and you look happy on it

1 - 20 of 37 Posts