Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found that the greatest investment I have ever made it tools was in building a garage. Now at least I don't loose as many because I have a place for them. I have wanted one for decades, my dream finally came true last year.

Here is a picture from a few weeks ago. I still have lots of tools to buy, but having a concrete floor to work on is great. I finally got a floor jack, two actually. For years I have either had to borrow a work space or work on my barns dirt floor.

Sure its small, but easy to heat! I have plans to build a lean too on one side soon, that will free up some floor space. I only have trucks or cars in to work on them, lawnmowers too. Its more of a shop than a parking space, but both bikes do call it home.

Whats your work space look like?

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
:71baldboy:

I love looking at workshop pictures. It lets us snoop around a bit and almost always provides some good ideas to steal. :biggrin:

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
Looks good!

I don't have the garage in my new home put together yet, so all my stuff is still at my shop.

I have a "decent" set of tools. ;)

·
American Legion Rider
21,726 Posts
Dang ODE. Your Shop looks very much like mine.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Hey Hogcowboy, what's the taller section in the middle for? Got an overhead hoist in there or lofted storage?

·
American Legion Rider
21,726 Posts
Yep, RV which I finally got rid of. Now it's home for tractor and what ever implement I happen to have attached on the 3 point with room to spare. Which I'm filling up fast. Strange how that works.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts

Mine is actually a part of the house, a large breezeway connecting the house to the old barn, so I have to be a bit careful with flammable stuff. That said though, it's warm in the Winter and I build most everything here. If I need to weld, I take it outside.

Edit: Wow, it looks like it's due for a cleaning. Too many projects going at once!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One of the first new tools to go into my garage was an air compressor. You can see it in the picture, its a Harbor Freight special. The retractable hose reel above it has been a God send for a small work space. It holds 50 ft, that is enough to reach anywhere in the garage and enough to air a tire outside the door. 50 ft of hose rolled up would take more space than the whole thing does now.

It has held up well. Changed the oil once after break-in, then once more.
I doesn't see use everyday, more like weekly.

I am sure I will upgrade one day, but I have limited power out to the garage right now, so bigger is not feasible right now anyway.
Believe it or not this is a big upgrade from what I had been using.

You guys have some top notch looking work spaces! I dream of a motorcycle jack table, but I get along with my motorcycle floor jack. It to is a big step up from the conglomeration's I have used in the past.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts