Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Geez that's nuts :(

The text states the driver "crossed the double yellow line" & cut off the bike off.. but that also means the bike was passing on a double yellow line(?) sure 2 wrongs don't make a right, but still the bike shouldn't have been passing there

·
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed but who of us hasn't done that????:wink:

The cage drivers defense attorney will say he was low blood sugar or something:confused:

I am really surprised that someone didn't just beat the snot out of the ol' man right then and there. I hate to think what I would have done if it was one of my friends or my family!!!!! I would be in Jail no doubt:(

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Did they take the video down? Article comes up but no video. (Never mind... saw it in the other thread)

Kind of looks like the aggressor had one of those "I'll teach them" moments. :frown:

·
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The link I posted still works.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
I've been trying to warn y'all that we have some crazy cage drivers here. I rest my case.:(

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
"I don't care" he says?

Makes me want to drag his face across the gravel "you care now old man? Do you care now?"

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
The bikes were well above the speed limit, and passing on a double yellow line. No, this is not an excuse for what that a-hole car driver did. He is a real piece of crap. But people riding like that are what makes the unstable drivers do crap like that.

Again, no excuse for what he did. None at all. But the video doesn't do motorcyclists any favors, either.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I wonder if that would be assault with a deadly weapon. I want to say that I have heard/seen on a "police chase" show that the fleeing suspect was so charged if they swerved at or struck a police vehicle.

·
Charlie Tango Xray
768 Posts
Passing in a no passing zone is not a death penalty offence. Not yet anyway. Attempted murder should be.
Yet another reason to ride with a helmet cam.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
How much traction do you think the biker would have gotten with the Highway Patrol against the cager if he didn't have the video footage?

Because of the increasing number of "unintended lane departures" I run a dashcam in/on my vehicle nowadays mostly to be able to PROVE that I wasn't the one who drifted out of my lane.

·
Premium Member
8,944 Posts
AAAaaaaahh

In England a cage driver deliberately blocked a bike that he thought was being bad. The cage driver got a very long term in the slammer.

The driver in this video will give his defense lawyer fits, as he admits to what he has done. And that is assault, and possibly attempted murder.
You can not be the judge and jury and executioner. Porky, would be nice if we could be kept up to date on this.

I think the injured lady had a short sleeved shirt on, while the guy had full length gear.
Passing on the double line, and speeding, is not an issue when nailing the cage driver. They may decide to ticket the crashed bike rider, and the film crew, based on the video.
The folks they passed could be witnesses. The cage driver reacted very quickly with his body check. Bike would have been better being further to the left. That is generally where I am as those cages tend to wander. If it is clear ahead I also pass going not much faster than the cage.

Hope the passenger makes out okay.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
I know several legal passing zones in my area that are unsafe for anything except a superbikes to pass in, and an equal number of double line places where you have a long sight line and plenty of safe room to pass on a 250.

At that point it becomes a malum prohibitum law, and nobody should be in fear of anything more serious than a citation for breaking a law where there is no real harm to come of it.

Now, swerving in front of any other road user, there is no question that is malum in se. That's wrong or evil in itself, and trumps any infraction performed by the bikers.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm going to say this and Ill prepared for any negative feedback, those bikes I'm sure were going way over the speed limit (Id love to see his speedometer) to where the car went to pass also and by the time he saw the bike flying up on his left it was too late. Just my opinion.

BUT, It could have been way worse.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'm going to say this and Ill prepared for any negative feedback, those bikes I'm sure were going way over the speed limit (Id love to see his speedometer) to where the car went to pass also and by the time he saw the bike flying up on his left it was too late. Just my opinion.

BUT, It could have been way worse.
The cage was trying to pass what? Did I miss something? There is absolutely nothing in front of or on the right side the car that he would've been passing. Additionally, if you slow the video down, the car swerves out, then starts back BEFORE the bike reaches him... the car just wasn't quick enough to get back in his lane before the bike struck.

No doubt the bikes were breaking traffic laws, but I didn't see anything the cager was attempting to pass.

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
The car was passing what or who? There was no one in front of him. Combine that with his "I don't care" response to the cameraman and it is clear it was intentional.

·
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gosh, I've never exceeded the speed limit;)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts