Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,909 Posts
Bucket list

I started a thread under bucket list I think.
Been doing a bit of research so far. Air Canada is at the top of my list so far.
US carriers pad the bill, I have heard. I found some info by doing a google search. Also consider the regulations of the place where the bike is going.
I am going to France in May. Decided it would be easier to ship to England, or buy a bike in England. Still working on it.

Unkle Krusty*

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Like the US, a lot of European countries have regulations on imports. Inspections, paperwork, and a lot of red tape. If it's just for a vacation, it is probably better to rent. It may be cheaper to sell and re-buy if moving.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
europe

I will be there for three months. I think shipping my bike over would be cost effective.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
I will be there for three months. I think shipping my bike over would be cost effective.
Check import regulations first. It would be a pain to pay to have it shipped only to find that it has to sit impounded in customs for the entire time.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,296 Posts
I found it more reasonable to buy in the country you are going too, than shipping. Import tax can kill you especially for an American product. Also get a letter from your insurance company here. I took a letter with me stating I had ensurance for x amount of years with company xwy. I bought an Audi in England for a song and insured it for 10 pounds for 6 months. I then sold it for what I paid for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts