Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this season for whatever reason I've noticed that I've been missing my upshifts from 1st to 2nd a lot. At least once every couple of days I'll slap it into neutral and rev the crap out the engine on accident. I also felt slightly uncomfortable with the position of my foot and ankle when it was sitting on top the shift lever before downshifting. Yesterday I finally decided I'd had enough and I took 5 minutes to investigate the issue, and 5 more minutes to solve it. Little did I know there's a simple adjustable bar on the shift lever and unscrewing it, which moves the lever down a little bit, makes all the difference in the world! Literally, I probably moved the lever down 1/2 to 1 inch and I can definitely shift more solidly, no more missed shifts, and I feel like I can shift faster too.

If you think this might help you out, try it!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
It's really quite universal. All the shifters are adjustable in one way or another. Some have some linkage to adjust and others must have the shifter pulled off and rotated one way or the other to make it more comfortable for you to use.

It is amazing how many adjustments you can do yourself. Learning more about the way the bike works and what to look for when there's a problem, is a big money saver and it's great to help your friends with their minor repairs!

CD

·
10,763 Posts
For me I have 3 different pairs of boots. Shifting is very different with each pair. I adjusted the shifter for the pair I wear the most. With the others I just have to adjust my foot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts