Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
8,613 Posts
Good for her! That is quite an accomplishment! I can't wait to read the details, like how many tires, oil changes, REGRETS etc.

Almost anyone would regret the stock Triumph seat! I had a 2010 Triumph Scrambler with the same seat and it was good for about 100 miles or so.

On a ride of that duration, most people would have quickly discovered the joy of a nice thick pillow placed on the seat.

Sam:biggrin:

·
American Legion Rider
23,697 Posts
I'm jealous that she's seen every state in just 52k miles. Over 300k and I'm not even close to that. I've been doing it all wrong. Work always seems to get in the way.:( I congratulate her for doing it when she's young and can now take all those life lessons to her next achievement.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good for her! That is quite an accomplishment! I can't wait to read the details, like how many tires, oil changes, REGRETS etc.

Almost anyone would regret the stock Triumph seat! I had a 2010 Triumph Scrambler with the same seat and it was good for about 100 miles or so.

On a ride of that duration, most people would have quickly discovered the joy of a nice thick pillow placed on the seat.

Sam:biggrin:
If she rode every day, she only averaged about 150 miles a day. Hopefully, she'll write a book or something to tell the tale.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I followed her for the whole trip on the book of faces if I recall she flatted twice and changed tires 11 times. She also crossed the arctic circle on the haul road. She saved for two years for the trip and sold everything she didn't take with her.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
If she rode every day, she only averaged about 150 miles a day. Hopefully, she'll write a book or something to tell the tale.
Looks like her record is for the longest continuous ride in a year.

This is the most documented miles ridden in one year -
Dave Zien - Wisconsin - 2010 - H-D Road Glide - 141,757 miles

·
Registered
809 Posts
Holy crap!

141,757 divided by 365 days = 388.4 miles a day on AVERAGE all year long! That is mind boggling.

Looks like her record is for the longest continuous ride in a year.

This is the most documented miles ridden in one year -
Dave Zien - Wisconsin - 2010 - H-D Road Glide - 141,757 miles

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Holy crap!

141,757 divided by 365 days = 388.4 miles a day on AVERAGE all year long! That is mind boggling.
He also did this in 2005 -:eek: Over 31,000 miles in 31 days.

Senator Dave Zien - Eau Claire, WI - 07/05 - H-D FXRT - 31,068 miles - 31 days

·
American Legion Rider
23,697 Posts
I hope he wasn't a Senator when he did the first one. But then he probably wouldn't be missed the way they operate today anyway.:mad:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I hope he wasn't a Senator when he did the first one. But then he probably wouldn't be missed the way they operate today anyway.:mad:
And he rode over 100,000 miles in 2004! (I want to be a Senator! :) )

Dave Zien WISCONSIN 2004 H-D FXRT 104,678 miles

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I'm impressed with these feats of endurance, but I don't have any desire to try that for myself. My one day record is 850 miles, and I can assure you that the last few hundred of those miles was certainly not fun. I'm too old for that kind of distance riding now, but unless I am on some type of tight schedule I don't ride more than about 300 to 350 miles in a day anymore. While I enjoy a day in the saddle, beyond about 6 hours of riding and its more work than fun and not worth the effort. Maybe if I buy a real touring bike I might feel differently but right now my 800 pound cruiser is big enough for me.

·
American Legion Rider
23,697 Posts
The one time I tried going in MAJOR distance was driving 22 hours straight. I had to stop because the road was crawling with huge woolly worms about 1 foot in diameter and at least 10 feet long. I was shot and knew it at that point. I had nodded off a few times already. What we attempt when young and foolish.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
That is about the biggest waste of a motorcycle trip I have ever seen. Impressive, to be sure, but completely idiotic.:coffeescreen:
Destinationitis... only one point for the trip. Guess if the idea is to set a record that's their option but it does seem a HUGE waste. :frown:

For me a destination is a general guideline or a reason to get started but mostly it's about the trip. :icon_cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts