Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the helmet reviews forum but that forum seems to be pretty inactive so I figured I'd ask it here.

Does anyone have any experience with the Shark Raw or Shark Vancore helmets? I haven't seen much while searching up on the helmet forum and was just wondering if anyone had or has had them and how you felt about them. I definitely like the styling of the two, are there any other helmets similar? I know of one by OSBE that's somewhat similar. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Every model tends to fit different. I found that out today. I range from med to large in a full face but my half helmet is xs?? Glad i didnt buy online without atleast trying the same exact model on for size.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fit is everything. Go try on any helmet you consider before forming an opinion. Then, if you want to save money, find the exact same model online.
Thanks for the tip, hopefully a local shop does carry the two helmets so I'd be able to compare.

Every model tends to fit different. I found that out today. I range from med to large in a full face but my half helmet is xs?? Glad i didnt buy online without atleast trying the same exact model on for size.
Yea I'll definitely be going to try some out and check the fit since I have a pretty large head. Nice to hear from a fellow CT rider.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
There is a motorcycle dealership right of 91 in hartford. New england cycle center i do believe is the name. Not the greatest selection of helmets but its worth a shot

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a motorcycle dealership right of 91 in hartford. New england cycle center i do believe is the name. Not the greatest selection of helmets but its worth a shot
I live not too far from there I'll definitely check it out, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
FWIW, l went to CycleGear and tried on several helmets, including an Arai Vector, which fit great. I ended up buying a Vector with a different design, but it fit the exact same way...awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts