Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am specifically looking at purchasing a 2011 or newer Aero. Test rode 2 weeks ago and it just fits right and I feel comfortable. My question might seem elementary, but, I have noticed while searching on craigslist and cycletrader that the Aero's have different model numbers (VT750, VT750C, VT750CE, etc). Could you please enlighten me as to what the differences are?

·
American Legion Rider
18,660 Posts
Okay gang, who's our resident expert on Areo's? Is that Bikerdash?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very interesting info. through Wikipedia but it seems I am still having trouble finding out the difference between the numbers after the model name. Just thought I'd throw this question out there instead of calling a dealer. Had enough of dealers never calling me back or giving me incorrect info. Plus I am sure many seasoned Honda owners here on the forum would know more than them...hehe!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Years ago I had a Shadow 700, and later an 1100. After riding a maxi-scooter for a few years after knee replacement surgery I wanted to get back to a "real" motorcycle, and the Honda Aero 750 was my first consideration. But when I rode it I was totally disappointed. It was so underpowered and heavy feeling that I knew that other than city street cruising I would quickly get frustrated with it. A HD Sportser could probably out accelerate this bike. After looking at other mid-sized cruisers I ended up trying a Triumph America and was so impressed I bought one that very day. The 865cc engine on the America is enormously more satisfying than Honda's 750 v-twin.

For what it is worth, after two years of riding the America I again felt that I wanted more oomph in my daily ride so I traded up to a 1600cc Triumph Thunderbird and have been very, very happy with this great bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts