Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderator - Motorcycle Repair, Building, Restore
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a 1992 XR100 for Vanessa to learn to ride on. It’s a great little runner and she did really well on her first ride!!! We need to make some adjustments though. Vanessa is 5’10” and the bike is a bit small for her. There are two main issues:

1) The handlebars are too close and it feels like she will bang into her knees when she turns. I can move them forward easy enough and l believe this will fix the problem. Maybe a riser/spacer if necessary. My question is, should these bolts be torqued down, or just crank them super tight?

2) The gear shifter is too low, but as high as it can go without bumping into the case. She can’t get her riding boot under it. Does anyone know if there is a shifter that will work that has a jog in in it so it will slide outside the case?

Other than this it was a great starter bike. It will also work for Phillip when he’s ready. He is tall too so these things will help him too.

Attachments

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,713 Posts
I may have some riser's or spacer for the bars that you can have. An extended shifter may solve the foot issue, but moving bars up and forward will allow her to sit further forward which will naturally tilt the foot down.

I may actually have an extended shifter too. I'll look tomorrow

·
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may have some riser's or spacer for the bars that you can have. An extended shifter may solve the foot issue, but moving bars up and forward will allow her to sit further forward which will naturally tilt the foot down.

I may actually have an extended shifter too. I'll look tomorrow
Thanks Rod!!! l will be happy to shoot you some cash for shipping and your drink of choice :)

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,713 Posts
I'm thinking this stuff came off my old 04 crf100, so I imagine it'll work, I'll take pictures and post up with some measurements.

·
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking this stuff came off my old 04 crf100, so I imagine it'll work, I'll take pictures and post up with some measurements.
Very cool. I'll post a picture of the clamps tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts