Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people here are fans of SOA, and some are not. Personally I've enjoyed watching the whole series, I know it is "fiction" and not representing any form of "actual biker life" even gangs, but that's OK. I know Hollywood likes to pad reality with sensation to create a 'larger than life' TV show that will keep audiences returning for more.

This is the last season for SOA, and according to rumors, Kurt Sutter (creator of SOA) is very interested in creating a spin-off series sometime in the future. And I'm sure if HE doesn't then someone else will,, SOA had a huge audience that will be seeking out a replacement once SOA is over.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/11/14/sons-of-anarchy-spin-off-prequel-details

So, what concept do you think would make a good compelling 'motorcycle based' TV series show?

Perhaps another type of outlaw biker-based show? Is 'realistic' important to you?

==> I'm thinking maybe some sort of motorcycle racing type TV series would be good? Basically following a race team as they go around the country, struggling to meet the bills & deadlines in order to achieve victory? IMO it would have to be a 'low budget' race team. No fun watching millionaires buying victories.

What's your idea(s) for a good TV series? Or, do you wish SOA would just keep going? Maybe a prequel (a show predating SOA)?

·
Nightfly
3,717 Posts
I wasn't a fan of SOA in the beginning but started to get into it the past couple of seasons. I'm not happy about its demise but maybe a spin-off from one of the characters would work.

Limiting a series to racing seems to not allow for a lot of different story lines, but I'm no series writer. Just MHO.

I would like to see the series continue but also have to realize that all good things come to an end.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
I don't think I'd be interested in watching about any kind of motorcycle show.

Maybe if it had zombies in it or something else interesting.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
The way I understand it, it'll probably be a prequel. Which I'd probably watch, since it probably won't have all of the Homosexual BS in it he's written in the last couple of years.
If I didn't want to see how he ends it I would have quit watching last year.
If that makes me Homophobic, I don't G.A.F..

·
Registered
943 Posts
Maybe a series about a guy and a gal or a couple of guys, etc., travelling around the world and encountering good guys, bad guys, weather, scenery, etc. as they go. That would have the opportunity for LOTS of variety in story lines and locations ...... of course it would require descent writers so it doesn't have a chance!

·
So long
2,753 Posts
I'm not an SOA fan.

I'd like to see more motorcycles on TV and in the movies, but not involving the 1% crowd. IMO that's been overdone.

Maybe an updated version of "Then Came Bronson" from the 1960's.

·
Nightfly
3,717 Posts
Eye_m_no_angel;1311362 Maybe if it had zombies in it or something else interesting.[/QUOTE said:
Are zombie's, fast or slow? Probably most fans have a strong opinion one way or the other. My answer is we'll never know, and it doesn't matter. Fact is, until a zombie shows up at your front door, there is no way to determine how they move or what they will do.
We do know that real people will pose a threat in any zombie catastrophe, and that is the scary part. The first group of desperate survivors to cross your path will rob you of everything you have and leave you to die.

We should worry more how we will keep from being killed by our neighbor when the water runs out, then to ponder how fast or slow a zombie might be. Love thy neighbor, but kill him when necessary....

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...Limiting a series to racing seems to not allow for a lot of different story lines...
No way dude! A well written story about a motorcycle racing team could be full of every aspect of human nature! From victory & defeat, crime, corruption, sex, bribes & pay-offs, heck even murder. A race team could form alliances with one group & hatred/bickering with another.

The bigger question is, which format of racing should it be? Street, dirt, oval track, drag strip, formula/GP? It should have as wide an audience appeal as possible, be reality/technical without being so tech as to bore non-mechanics. And the actual "racing" portion of the show would probably only account for 20-30% of air time. A "race every episode" would be too busy of a schedule.

I think a lot of people liked SOA because it tickled their "closet bad-boy wannabe" interest that they know they'll never be. So that next series, whatever it is, also needs to do that.

·
On The Road Again!
2,654 Posts
I'm not an SOA fan.

I'd like to see more motorcycles on TV and in the movies, but not involving the 1% crowd. IMO that's been overdone.

Maybe an updated version of "Then Came Bronson" from the 1960's.

+1000!
Bring back "Then Came Bronson", a story about a normal guy traveling on
his bike, not about a bunch of one percenters.
I've never watched SOA and never will.

·
American Legion Rider
18,544 Posts
They could easily bring a weekly bike show to TV that people would watch. And all they would have to do is look at the travel logs of Adventure Bikers and such for new scripts. Add sex and drugs and bingo, that got a "reality" show.:thumbsdown:

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
Yeah I don't see adding Bingo being a big exciting addition, HC is pretty old though, it might be an exciting event to the Old Codger.:D

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hmmm. Adventure motorcyclists. Yeah. A band of wandering adventure riders just rolling around doing their thing.

Or a documentary series, but not a damn reality show, about adventure riders.

The race thing, yeah, that could be anything built on and around the race team or teams.

I liked SOA for a while. Then, the gang just went all crappy. The whole lot became a bunch of back stabbing jerks. Basically, I didn't like where the story went, so I quit watching.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
Maybe they could do a cross-series revival and bring back HBO's OZ. They could show the progression of the SOA characters as they go to prison. Seems like a realistic eventuality and they don't even have to lose all the homo stuff.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
That'd be much more titillating then showing the 1%ers that are smart enough to funnel their gains and start running legitimate businesses, buying property, getting involved in local politics, and generally living well. ;)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Sooo,,, the final episode of SOA is airing tomorrow :( :( :(

==> What do you think will happen in that final episode?? Who do you think will die, and whom do you think will be their killer?

THREE people died in the last episode.. TWO of them weren't a surprise to me, the 3rd kinda was..

.... umm, maybe this isn't a good topic in case there are some people watching the series & aren't fully caught up yet? I hate spoiler alerts.. ;) If that includes YOU then maybe click your browsers <back> button NOW & not read further? :p You've been warned!

Jax is certainly gonna kill some more, as part of his twisted attempt to clean up previous messes. I think Tig is going to go down(/dead) in a blaze of glory, but not by any member from SOA.

Is Jax gonna die? Almost certainly. Maybe Chibs will be his assassin? Just a guess... I can see him turning 'righteous' & finally getting fed up with Jax..

I'm guessing Wendy & the kids will survive the bloodbath, and will leave town to try & start a new life somewhere else..

That SOA chapter will dissolve away,, but some members will live on..

What's your guess(es)?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts