Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Brian Watson from South Africa:

I do at least 3 bike tours a year but due to me having my own business I take my rides based on work load.

I am looking to do a bike trip from Johannesburg into the Kalahari desert, into Namibia, then back down through the Cape to finally end up in Ballito Natal.

This is not a ride one can do on their own as it is too dangerous. You can end up riding 300km+ without a soul in site.

Are there any interested parties out there that would like to joint me. You are looking at about 3 weeks of riding.

G

·
Welcome from NW Indiana, sorry you are a little to far away for me. If you ever come out this way, maybe you could take a rip around a motocross track with me.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like an exciting ride. Hope you find someone to ride with you. Be careful & let us know how it goes.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,319 Posts
Welcome aboard, sound like on hell of a ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome's. Over the next ten years or so I want to do rides in many countries. I am thinking Australia, New Zealand and then the USA. I first need to do some more African rides as seeing your own country/continent (parts off) first is a must for me.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Well said Brian. You definitely want to see what is close to home before exploring other lands.
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts