Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '85 Honda Sabre 700, the smallest of the three offered then (700, 750 and 1100). I desperately need a better seat, and found one, sort of, online for the 82-85 model year range for the 750.

Any clue if that would fit my 700? Can't imagine they change the frame around for an extra 50cc's.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I couldn't imagine that a company would make a 700 and 750 of the same bike in the same year. So I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the seats are different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the 700, which was actually 698cc's was built to skate under tariffs so to be cheaper, since any bike 700cc and above would have a tax on it from the US.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah the 700, which was actually 698cc's was built to skate under tariffs so to be cheaper, since any bike 700cc and above would have a tax on it from the US.
Honda has never known how to manufacture a comfortable seat. If you cant find one that will fit to swap with, you might consider sending it off to one of the places that rebuild your existing seat. I sent mine to a place call Mean City Cycles. They turned my brick into a comfy seat. I'm very pleased with their work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm assuming the cost does not include reupholstering does it?

That seems very cheap considering the procedure.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm assuming the cost does not include reupholstering does it?

That seems very cheap considering the procedure.
They will repair your upholstery or re-upholster if you want but that is extra. In my case they re-used my upholstery. They made the passenger seat 4 inches wider and added to my existing upholstery to cover the extra area and that is included.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts