Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been looking for a good 2-up seat for my 05 fxd. The girlfriend has a booty so it doesn't fit well on the stock seat. Anyone have any recommendations or advice? So far the one that seems to look the best value and has good reviews is a Le Pera 2 up seat I found on jp cycle

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/801-603

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
+1 on a Mustang or Sundowner.

LePera's are great, well made seats, and I have one on my FXSTS, but they are a hard, very firm seat and I don't think she would like the rear passenger portion.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thinking i'm going to go with the mustang wide original. did some research and found out they're made about an hour or so away from me in western mass.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
When the rear is cushioned by a heavy pad, the rider tends to bounce around alot, not so good when driving, but if you get a hard seat the rider refuses to ride, bounce or anything else for that matter, so you are required to produce a soft booty cup for the aft. Appears as though you have a good sence of what you want(er require 'scuse me) so maybe you might want to redo an old do'er with a "saddlemen" kit... I here they are really nice when you can do a moderate job of installation following directions. I always kind of felt like felt would be nice or maybe some thick sheep skin. you can always get a used seat, and make a special booty mount.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mustang does make high quality comfortable cruiser seats.
I've had one on my '87 FXR for many years/miles.

Not recommended for a GoldWing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for the record I did go with the mustang seat, no complaints and recommend it for anyone looking

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
Among the different seats I received with my Valkyrie, I like the Corbin leather seats best (over Honda single- and two-piece). A bit more comfortable than the Mustang I put on my S50, but that could be the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts