Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it a scooter does for you? Or do you WANT it to do for you?

Me, I don't ride a scooter because it's fun --- although it is! I ride a scooter to run errands, etc.

I ride it because I can get there, and park, usually QUICKER than in a car.

One commenter here talked about a scooter as a "mule." A pack animal. He uses it, alongside his RV, to get groceries, etc.

I had a milk crate FIRMLY attached to the rear of my Elite250 and I indeed used it as a mule.

So MY needs are a light, easy-to-maneuver scooter that's capable of highway speeds for 2-3 exits....with plenty of storage.

I don't need a scooter for weekend trips, touring....I've got a big motorcycle for that.

What is your scooter's reason for existing? Or if you get one, what do you want it to DO for you?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
What is it a scooter does for you? Or do you WANT it to do for you?

Me, I don't ride a scooter because it's fun --- although it is! I ride a scooter to run errands, etc.

I ride it because I can get there, and park, usually QUICKER than in a car.

One commenter here talked about a scooter as a "mule." A pack animal. He uses it, alongside his RV, to get groceries, etc.

I had a milk crate FIRMLY attached to the rear of my Elite250 and I indeed used it as a mule.

So MY needs are a light, easy-to-maneuver scooter that's capable of highway speeds for 2-3 exits....with plenty of storage.

I don't need a scooter for weekend trips, touring....I've got a big motorcycle for that.

What is your scooter's reason for existing? Or if you get one, what do you want it to DO for you?
Well,this one is not exactly a 'Mule" ...

https://www.google.com/search?q=overloaded+motorcycle+pictures&client=firefox-a&hs=zqF&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&biw=789&bih=471&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=MmN0VK33EsepNsCNhNAD&ved=0CDIQ7Ak#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=sxlwWG79s3QfyM%3A;f8P6GhSTo0QzDM;http%3A%2F%2Fphotos.imageevent.com%2Fmotorbiker%2Fnewspics4%2FMotorcycle-Carrying-Cargo-147.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Ff800riders.org%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%2F96090-31-Photos-Of-Motorcycles-Carrying-Everything-But-The-Sink-Part-5;550;437

I do know what you mean,Wade. I use my bikes to pick up parts all the time. One time,i picked up two bags of mortar on the CB750. It did not weigh more than a pillion,but still a bit much

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
I've never owned one, but if I lived in a larger city I could see where one might be handy. Or if I lived right on the beach one would make a dandy fishing / beach vehicle.

·
6,495 Posts
My Goldwing is fun especially on longer rides.

My Burgman 650 and my Kymco 500 are much more fun on the country roads that I'm on all the time.

There is no comparison between a small, utilitarian weed eater scooter and a MAXI scooter. Ride one sometime and prepare to be enlightened.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Scooter

To get to and from work. And that requires a ferry ride from my Island. Most folks live near the top of the Island, close to the ferry. The city where many work is at the other end of the ferry ride. Bicycles travel for free. Scooters and motorcycles get on and off before the cars, and cost a lot less. The monthly savings for the ferry alone is over $200- per month. Add in the savings for parking and other costs.
It rains a lot here. So, what is a practical way for a well dressed lady, to get to and from work, five days a week with these conditions? A Vespa scooter, with the optional rain proof skirt.
They also work well for picking up a few groceries.

Unkle Crusty*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts