Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winner notification from COBRAUSA........I just won a ICON helmet from Cobra.

Click here for mailing conformation

Looks like cobra site

Fill in address

then it asks for credit card information.........for identification conformation

So I went to cobrausa.com on a separate tab, "contact us" and asked if there was a contest with its members(I am)........they quickly responded with there is no contest

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm sure thanks for the heads up are due.

What gets me tho, is the fact that people still fall for these internet scams. Doing your 'due diligence', like you did, eliminates the possibility of being taken advantage of.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to answer an Email from a Nigerian Prince. Seems I have a relative that died recently and I inherited 4 million dollars. Just have to give him my bank account numbers.

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
Pfft, I can afford to but my own ICON helmet now. I have a million dollar check coming from a Nigerian prince...should arrive any day now

...Any day now..:confused:

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
Man I wish they would electrocute those scumballs. Wonder what country or prison that comes from?

·
8,571 Posts
In the computer and IT industry, we find that it's about 30% of the people that fall for the scams:confused:

Sam:biggrin:

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
If true, those are pretty good odds for the scammers. I'd have thought it would be a much lower percentage falling for it.

·
8,571 Posts
The most prevalent scam now is the "Microsoft scam." A low life calls a person on the phone and identifies themselves as a Microsoft security employee and informs the person that they can "see" that their computer is very slow and full of Malware and needs to be fixed immediately. They ask for and receive info so that they can remote into the persons computer, giving them full access to all data. They steal what info they need and then convince the person to pay them about $300 for their service fee. 30% do so according to Microsoft. By the way, no work or cleaning is done to the computer. The remote access program stays installed on the computer unless it is discovered and taken off by a computer tech or the owner.

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Them people call me a lot, they are "windows tech".

Sit down and say you are doing what they want, after a little while ask them how they're supposed to get on your computer without internet hookup.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
It's more fun to play around and say things like: really there are bugs in my computer? Really? Oh my goodness, hang on would you. Let them hold for a few minutes, make a bunch of noise and then get back on the phone and thank them for calling, you threw it out in the yard or that you have now sprayed it down with bug killer.

Randy did this and they called back a few hours later. He asked the guy if he was standing in our yard. The guy said no, why? He was told that he had to be if he was looking at our computer because the guy that called earlier said it was full of bugs so he threw it outside.

Both just hung up. Haven't had that call in a while. Gotta think of something else to tell them next time.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Anyone have a good laxative?!

-Soupy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts