Motorcycle Forum banner

Say what you will, but this guy can ride.

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Biker Dash 
#1 ·
#7 · (Edited)
He'd clearly pre-planned / practiced that route. I recognize various features from some planning I once did. My route included some bollards I could scoot between no car could follow that put me out BLOCKS from where the PD would have been stopped, along with hopping a curb and heading down a concrete drainage chute that put me onto a major freeway, leaving cops more than 1/2 mile from any entrance/exit. Also one pedestrian bridge -- over a RIVER that again would have left all but motor cops more than a mile behind. What he did NOT plan was for a route segment under bridges/trees where he could not be tracked by helo. With a waiting box truck, ramp extended, IN the tunnel or under the trees. Hard to hear a helo that high past the noise of a MC engine. I'd planned radio-eqipped accomplices to "accidentally" pull out and COMPLETELY block certain paths (tight alley between two big buildings) (in case there were any motor cops out that day), keep an eye on the sky, etc. This was all for a race go-kart I was building and intended to lead the local constabulary on a very pre-planned chase, with numerous alt routes in case any primaries got blocked. Or was it a bank robbery. I forget...

Maybe I should turn it into a script for a sequel to the French Connection, written from the SMUGGLER's pov.

#9 ·
News said he got away, but had left the bike somewhere along the way. That's why the police had it in the end. From what I hear, the chopper had to break off from lack of fuel.

The escalator was impressive, but I was most impressed by the tight turns on the pedestrian paths at speed. He was leaned over pretty far, at least according to the angle we see from the chopper.

#17 ·
Where is SGT. Preston and his dog King when the Canucks need them?? He will probably get a verbal tongue lashing for exceeding the maximum allowable speed limit of 45 mph in Canada:biggrin:

He rides okay but in the high speed chase capital of the world, Los Angeles, CA, he wouldn't stand a chance;)

The car chase was hilarious and that Chick can drive!:p

Sam:coffeescreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.