Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
It looks like I will be heading to San Diego for a couple of weeks for work. I’d love to take a ride while I’m out there, especially since we haven’t had more than 2 days of good riding weather here this year. Anyone out there or familiar with the area know of a place I could rent a bike? I’ve never ridden a scooter, but I’m willing to try that if the learning curve isn’t too bad. Also what should I try to go see while I’m out there beside the obvious? I haven’t checked the Padres schedule yet but I would love to see the ballpark and a game in person. I’m not a beach person (don’t even remember the last time I was near one since I went to Atlantic City back in 2001 I think) , but I guess if I’m going to be close enough I’ll go there just to say I did. Any other ideas. ?

Thanks

·
8,572 Posts
GOOGLE "motorcycle rentals in San Diego" and lots of links come up:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha. I did that but I was looking for a recommendation from someone who may have used a rental place in the past.

·
8,572 Posts
Just thought I'd give you lots of choices.

I lived 50 miles north of there for 16 years and miss the area.

By the way, most people that ask questions on here have never looked in Google.

Have fun. They have absolutely beautiful beaches.

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Pale Rider
528 Posts
Be aware that their streets are coated with oil residue. That old adage, back in Driver's Training Classes, about the road being very slick for the first 20 minutes after it rains?... They were talking mostly about California. Best of luck, and be safe. Cheers!
:coffee:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,296 Posts
Didn't Hawkaholic rent one there?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Scooter? Scooter???

Rent a real motorcycle, blow off work ;), and enjoy some of the best riding in California.

See pashnittours.com/motorcycles.html for some rental companies. I can't personally recommend one, but I do trust the site posting the recommendations.

The coast is all freeway and not very scenic (well, except for that big body of water to the west). The real riding is inland. You could spend days exploring. One example: Go see the observatory on Palomar Mountain. For us nerds, that alone makes the trip worthwhile, but there are also awesome roads in the area that make it a great motorcycle trip too.

Do try to see the Padres. Their downtown park is a fantastic place to watch baseball.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I didn't rent a bike there, but we visited the Indian/Victory dealer there. They were super friendly, they welcomed us in, and they were very friendly about letting us have Halle (Trina's service dog), which isn't always the case. The guy that we talked to was an older man named Frank, who was a great guy, something like your favorite uncle. If he doesn't rent bikes, l would imagine he could turn you on to someone that does. Remind him of who we are, the folks with the German Shepherd from Seattle, and tell him we said hi :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scooter? Scooter???

Rent a real motorcycle, blow off work ;), and enjoy some of the best riding in California.

See pashnittours.com/motorcycles.html for some rental companies. I can't personally recommend one, but I do trust the site posting the recommendations.

The coast is all freeway and not very scenic (well, except for that big body of water to the west). The real riding is inland. You could spend days exploring. One example: Go see the observatory on Palomar Mountain. For us nerds, that alone makes the trip worthwhile, but there are also awesome roads in the area that make it a great motorcycle trip too.

Do try to see the Padres. Their downtown park is a fantastic place to watch baseball.
Well since work is paying for it I should actually show up there. I plan on seeing the Padres while I'm out there. Hoping to time it with a cool give away or something like that. I may take a train ride up to LA on the weekend. I would never regret if I went or not, but being so close and having the time I don't think I can resists. I read of few reviews for some companies in San Diego and I found 2 that I may try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts