Motorcycle Forum banner

Salvage or parts shops in the San Diego area?

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  dang84119 
#1 ·
I got a long list from Google, BUT most of the numbers I got were no good or they didn't deal in parts/salvage anymore. [Grrr...google fail.] Until I get my bike running better, I'm stuck relying on public transportation so I can't get very far from home. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on places to shop for parts for an 83 Honda VT500FT in the San Diego, CA area? The only place I could find was Stockers in Chula Vista. I'm working on a pretty tight budget and would like to be able to shop around if I can.

Thanks.

G
#4 ·
I have had very good luck with eBay and have been able to get stuff that I otherwise would not be able. Just don’t be afraid to ask questions and make deals etc. Even hands on you get a lemon some times. Also patients on eBay can often find you better deals than you would get from a parts guy that knows the worth of a part (gougers sometimes). I have worked miracles and never really gotten shafted on all the 100s of parts I have gotten on eBay.

#5 ·
Hmm, that's a really good point. I suspect there is less scamming in the realm of old/used motorcycle parts than with other products since it's kinda specific and hobby-ish... Plus, I think the guys I bought my turn signals from knew they were the only place I could find and I wouldn't be surprised if I got gouged on them. Live and learn. Hopefully the next thing I learn won't be so expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.