Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Have had my license for about 10 years now but have been in and out of the lifestyle ever since. Not many miles under my belt but not a real newbie. Owned a 1200 custom and hated it. Way to top heavy and sold it as quick as I bought it. Second ride was a nice Vulcan 500LTD. Life got in the way plus with only negative feedback from family and others, it set me down a path to having no ambition to ride. Bike sat for 2 yrs and then I sold it.

Here in PA, the BRC is free and can be taken as many times as you'd like. In the 10 yrs I have been licensed, I have taken it 3 times. I took it again most recently, gained some positive feedback and not looking back. I have a larger friend base that also rides so that helps. On the home front, I have no support so doing it alone, again. I am here to gain insight and advice. Be safe & ML&R.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Let's see.........southeast PA...........down near Hersey, Gettysburg and Messiah Collage area? We drive thru there frequently, on our way South.

Once took my oldest daughter (back in 2000) to Messiah College (the reason I mentioned it) as a potential Student Candidate. It's about a 5 hour ride for me from central CT.
She ended up going to another school.

Welcome to the Forum!! Be safe out there!!

-Soupy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welcome shortcake from allentown pa. you might want to chk out these guys from philly. i ride with them at times an they have quite a few female bikers in the group. great bunch. not anal if you want to meet the guys in route.
Thanks for the info. I do not own a scoot yet but I am actively looking. Kinda hard now cause it is the start of the riding season and prices are ridiculously high. Keeping my eyes open if a deal comes around but not getting my hopes up to high. Might have a ride by fall. We shall see :)

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Welcome from Nebraska. I sat out a few years as well.

Bought my bike last Fall when prices were considerably lower. Hopefully a deal comes along for you so you don't have to wait.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Let's see.........southeast PA...........down near Hersey, Gettysburg and Messiah Collage area? We drive thru there frequently, on our way South.

Once took my oldest daughter (back in 2000) to Messiah College (the reason I mentioned it) as a potential Student Candidate. It's about a 5 hour ride for me from central CT.
She ended up going to another school.

Welcome to the Forum!! Be safe out there!!

-Soupy
Hey Soupy, I'm here in Dillsburg. About 7 miles form Messiah. And this area is Central Pa. Southeast would be around Allentown or Philly (my hometown).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts