Motorcycle Forum banner

Safety for your motorcycle

2056 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Capt.
I wasn't sure whether to post this in the "motorcycle" catagory, because I want to know more about the safety of my own motorcycle. More precisely, I'm wondering if there exists any locking tie-downs for trucks. I already have those ratcheting tie-down things, but am looking for something less theft prone. This is all because I leave my bike out in the open, on my truck bed, for long periods of time.

Does any body else have this sort of issue or have any methods to solve similiar issues?:confused:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I've never seen any. You might be able to somehow get a chain and lock it to your bed. Combine that with a disc lock and a locking tailgate you might feel a little safer.
Or a huge vicious dog. A small one doesn't seem to have the same effect.
Ya might want to pony up for an enclosed trailer. I know it could be a hassle towing somthin around but....out of site.....out of mind, and lockable. You might check around for a used one like a U-haul. They often sell their older models off really cheap. Just a thought.
Capt.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.