Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nightfly
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really cool and exactly what the local Harley dealer uses when they come to your place to pickup a broken down bike. I know, my bike has been on that lift more than once or twice....

·
On The Road Again!
4,221 Posts
It's cool alright.
But it means the investment in a VERY expensive pickup truck, plus the lift. And with the
lift installed, that truck is not usable for any of the other things one would use a heavy duty truck for.
I'm guessing that the truck plus the lift is near a hundred grand. You have to pick up a LOT of bikes to pay for that.

·
Nightfly
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's cool alright.
But it means the investment in a VERY expensive pickup truck, plus the lift. And with the
lift installed, that truck is not usable for any of the other things one would use a heavy duty truck for.
I'm guessing that the truck plus the lift is near a hundred grand. You have to pick up a LOT of bikes to pay for that.
You are right. The dealer I go to uses a Dodge Ram 2500 model but as you said, it's only usable for that purpose, but it is cool.

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
Here's another but again, it truly limits general usage of the truck.

Rampage motorcycle lift.

I have a friend that has one and he really likes it. I've not asked how much trouble it is to uninstall and reinstall just so he can use his pickup normally but that's what he does.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have succumbed to "trailering a road bike" twice -- The best by far, is transport it on its own wheels, engine running and a rider in the seat...

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I've got a truck and a trailer. It's a lot easier to load in to the trailer than it is in to the truck, but I've done both.

I used the trailer a lot to transport my bike to different parts of the country where I was going to be working. Pulled the little trailer behind my 5th wheel travel trailer. (RV parks are cheaper than motels.)

Since I've retired, I have hauled more bikes of people I don't even know, who just happened to break down near me and needed just a little bit of help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.