Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom (Black with ghost flames) and I want to buy some saddlebags for it. Does anybody know of some that look good on that bike that are reasonably inexpensive? Because I have no idea, this is the first nice bike that I've bought and I plan on taking good care of it.

Another issue is the existing stock pipes on it. They're blued pretty bad on the end (problem taken care of) and I'd like to replace them with some aftermarket ones that have a good sound to them. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep the price under $400. Black or chrome doesn't matter to me since both would look badass.

Thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
choice of pipes is a big, big deal in the cruiser community.
there are endless discussions about pipes in the cruiser forums. really.
your best bet is to do a couple of rides with guys who ride the same bike as you ... and just listen to how the different pipes sound. they all make their own unique sounds. then you choose the best.
good pipes will set you back $600. check vance and hines as one place to start.

saddlebags ... i recommend you get the large size. medium size is a nuisance - not enough stuff stored. soft saddlebags can be taken off your bike, and just put on when you need them. hard bags are attached permanently. you need chromed saddlebag supports that are fixed to your bike. so start thinking about which way you want to go - soft or hard.

good luck.
dT

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot dT. One more question. What is your favorite website for ordering accessories at good prices? Or maybe just sites like ebay are a good option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts