Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
18,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very sad sight. Even if they were unsafe. Have no idea where this is but someone here might have seen it.

·
Visionary
2,983 Posts
Would be kind of fun to show up there on foot with a pocket full of tools and a can of gas and ride away with something you put together :)
We used to do that with old bicycles at the town dump growing up, walk over with a crescent wrench and build something to ride home on, then destroy it doing stunts. Not that we didn't have bikes, but it was the challenge of building something from junk that I loved. I bet no one does that anymore...

·
Charlie Tango Xray
762 Posts
Some of those parts are nearly impossible to find around here. Looks like they've been getting picked apart though. Hopefully they've been selling the parts online. I know many old codgers around here that have horded old bikes and snowmobiles parts their whole lives. And if you ask them if they have a shift lever for a 1980 Twinstar, they can tell you the exact location in their mess where you will find it. And then their grandkids showed them how to supplement their retirement by selling/shipping parts online and the prices skyrocketed..... ;)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Those 3 wheel off roaders have been made illegal in GA. You can get money (a little) for them at the recycler, so I don't know why they would just dump them.

·
American Legion Rider
18,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess is the touring model of those trikes...

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
The 3 wheelers were not safe to ride at any speed. The four wheel Oddity was worsa. Was the bouncy tires.
We, the dealers, crashed the 3 and 4 wheelers, when they were first introduced by Honda. The Oddity at Banff Springs golf course practice range. One guy got big air off the T off area, and landed badly.
After the 4 stroke XL250, Honda made a 2 stroke 250 dirt bike. It was not good. They used the engines in the Oddity.
Both driven sensibly on a flat terrain were okay. The totally missed the consumer market mentality.
It worked in their favor with the CB750, as they were seriously thrashed, and hung together.
Just thunked. Early on there were tire problems, and no decent replacements.

UK

·
Ace Tuner
1,846 Posts
Those 3 wheel off roaders have been made illegal in GA. You can get money (a little) for them at the recycler, so I don't know why they would just dump them.
Those things are illegal, to sell new, everywhere in the USA.
The smallest of them were fun to ride balancing up on the front wheel and one of the rear wheels though.

S F

1 - 7 of 7 Posts