Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A well written comparison, IMHO...

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/2015-yamaha-smax-vs-2014-suzuki-burgman-200

Comment: "A thought - why doesn't every motorcycle/scooter review list the test rider's height/weight/inseam. It would be so helpful for the readers and possible buyers of these products. Especially given that a test ride on a motorcycle before buying is near impossible anymore." (from a different review...)

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
A well written comparison, IMHO...

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/2015-yamaha-smax-vs-2014-suzuki-burgman-200

Comment: "A thought - why doesn't every motorcycle/scooter review list the test rider's height/weight/inseam. It would be so helpful for the readers and possible buyers of these products. Especially given that a test ride on a motorcycle before buying is near impossible anymore." (from a different review...)
They are human and they probably have mention the height of the reviewer before and figure you have been following along so already know that info.

But where are you going that you can't ride before purchase? I've never had that problem. May not be the actual bike you want to purchase but one just like it. They simply can't let anyone ride all new bikes with zero miles. Then what does the next guy get? He wants a test ride all zero mile bikes for best fit too. You can't afford that many bikes on hand and stay in business.

·
8,572 Posts
Most of those little 50-125-150-200cc scoots are made for the little folks. An average AMERICAN riders knees won't clear the handlebars at full lock and will almost if not touch the dash area.

I had to keep my knees out at a 45 degree angle all the time on my small scooters---fun but tiring.

Although I'm 6ft-5in tall, I only have a 32 inch inseam and I still was cramped.

I also looked like a turd on a toothpick or a Monkey enjoying a Football when I rode the miniature things but it was still fun:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts